• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RACI Chemistry Quiz (1 Viewer)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
maybe I should like, find a really really really nerdy nerd and ask them. xD
Ahem, calling all Ruse kids . lol i really don't care that much, im caring more about my exams next week . i don't want to fail :(

aya-chan

HSC
Ahem, calling all Ruse kids . lol i really don't care that much, im caring more about my exams next week . i don't want to fail :(
hahaha. I already asked a ruse guy.
I don't think ruse DOES the chem quiz.
oh well, all the easier to get a high d? :]

anyway, good luck with your exams. :]

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
lol yay

i wasted all my holidays studying....:( hope it was worth it:haha:

aya-chan

HSC
lol. I wish I had the motivation to study. :(

but I don't have anything overly important to study for ... I think. :D

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
Aahhhhh... I'm sorry I'm not a super genius like you guys. The very VERY small minority was easy, the minority was average, and the majority was HARD. Question 29 and 30 got me stumped. Only four people in my grade did it.

Yay, participation!
i put a and a for 29 and 30 ..took me ages

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
so how'd everyone go? i haven't got my results back because i was busy with prelims and didn't bother collecting my results from the science staff, but a friend told me that my name was called out in assembly so i got a D or a HD

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We haven't got our results back yet.

Ishynooshy

HSC
I got an HD with 22/30.

Looking back at the test, I know I could have done a lot better (they asked for what reaction would take place at the cathode, and I chose an anodic reaction). Otherwise, I did a lot better than expected. Some of the questions are definitely outside the scope of most of us (the question that most people got correct represented 8X% of the state).

This has to be the best science comp that is most people can enter. No where near as many people sitting the paper compared to the UNSW ICAS comps.

furansugo

HSC
You think it's a good competition? I beg to differ.

I sat it for the first time this year (in year 11) and scored 29/30 (which was only a HD on the paper). What did I lose a mark for? Question 6, which I adamantly believe can be debated to be either A or B.

I was quite devastated, seeing as I understood everything conceptually, and it was perhaps taking too deep an insight into the question that stopped me from attaining a perfect score.

It's really funny, because after I completed the test I showed my dad a copy of the paper, and he laughed when he read question 6. I told him that if they took a simplistic approach to the answer that it could cost me getting a prize. And guess what - it did.

Good competitions shouldn't have questions which ultimately penalise students for adopting different philosophies when considering questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)