• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

quotes (1 Viewer)

fuggu1

HSC
just wanted to know for paper 2, is it alright if we ONLY use quotes from the beginning and none from the middle or ending for our texts?

E

Effekt

It doesn't matter as long as it answers the question and fits in with what you're trying to justify.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
no its not alright, specifically for hamlet you have to demonstrate a wholistic understanding of the text, and thus appreciate its textual integrity.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
no its not alright, specifically for hamlet you have to demonstrate a wholistic understanding of the text, and thus appreciate its textual integrity.
^ Don't listen to him.

herbs1

HSC
They defs dont give a shit, use which ever ones work

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
I'd have to agree with mirakon, you have to have quotes throughout the whole play of Hamlet, to show you have a deep understanding of the whole play, especially if a question is asked on textual integrity!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd have to agree with mirakon, you have to have quotes throughout the whole play of Hamlet, to show you have a deep understanding of the whole play, especially if a question is asked on textual integrity!
Umm, no - because if you're putting a quote from the last act for the sake of putting a quote from the end of the play, you're not doing yourself any favours.

Jongnie

HSC
anyone contemplating about suicide tomorrow ? to be or not to be , that is the question

umz93

HSC
Apparently someone did that during the exam and everyone had their HSC exam for that subject cancelled.

Jongnie

HSC
what about i stick it up ur but, and use what's between my legs ?? no homo.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Umm, no - because if you're putting a quote from the last act for the sake of putting a quote from the end of the play, you're not doing yourself any favours.
no, but that's entirely missing the point. The point is you can't just cram all the quotes from the first act of the play and get across to the marker that you have an understanding of the whole text. That's not how it works.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't think it makes much of a difference, tbh. If the quote is relevant - who cares where it comes from? Like in the HSC, we don't quote where we get our quotes from anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)