• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question, Re: The Family Stone (1 Viewer)

illmtl

HSC
Ok this may sound a bit dumb but bear with me, ok?

I just spent 6 weeks in Germany on exchange, and I ended up seeing 'The Family Stone' while there. Unfortunately there was a joke, that was made twice that I couldn't understand the german of... so here it is....

What did Brett do to Amy that was so funny? All the germans in the cinema laughed, and my host sister couldn't explain it....

so please, anybody who has seen it... can you please enlighten me?

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
hmmm... having trouble answering this one, mainly because there was no brett! The choices could be:

Brad - the ambulance driver that she ends up with at the end - there were a couple of jokes about how she lost her virginity to him ages ago, and he's been in love with her since

Everett - the brother played by dermott mulroney - i can't think of any specific examples, though she was always making fun of the first time she met meredith in NY (esp the throat clearing)

Ben - The bro played by luke wilson, i think they joked around a bot, can't think of specific examples.

Hope that helps!!

illmtl

HSC
I think it must be Brad, in the German version Brett was the ambulace driver.

I though the joke was along those lines...

thanks heaps, it's been bugging me for weeks. :)

HSC
yeah he's the same guy. fuck that was funny though .. just the expression on rachel mcadams' face when she opens the door. gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)