• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question on method of doing inequalities (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
I've seen many inequalities questions that start with the standard (a-b)^2 equation.
Is my method acceptable? It's much shorter and still correct in any way. I just don't know if they accept this in the HSC or not.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Looks fine, what is wrong with it? I personally wrote down the answer at the bottom of the page and worked my way up

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I've seen many inequalities questions that start with the standard (a-b)^2 equation.
Is my method acceptable? It's much shorter and still correct in any way. I just don't know if they accept this in the HSC or not.

Anything goes, provided it is mathematically correct and proven (and within reasonable confines of the syllabus)
So yes they will accept that method

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Looks fine, what is wrong with it? I personally wrote down the answer at the bottom of the page and worked my way up
I've never seen anyone done this before. Although I know it's correct but there are markers who don't like this method. Also in every HSC sample answers they always start with the equation (a-b)^2.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Anything goes, provided it is mathematically correct and proven (and within reasonable confines of the syllabus)
So yes they will accept that method
Thanks! :). This' been worried me.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I've never seen anyone done this before. Although I know it's correct but there are markers who don't like this method. Also in every HSC sample answers they always start with the equation (a-b)^2.
If they don't like it then too bad for them really. They still have to give you the marks for the reasons sy said

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
wat

I only ever learnt the way you did it. I thought that was the way everyone did it...

Hi there444

HSC
Can you do any question, any way you want though or does it have to be the way the HSC paper marking guidelines have done it?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
That is perfectly fine.

A marker would be very silly to dislike this method.

Can you do any question, any way you want though or does it have to be the way the HSC paper marking guidelines have done it?
In any way you want, within reason, and as long as it doesn't defeat the purpose of the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)