• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Quality of Law at Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

Politic

HSC
N/A
Who are the Macquaire law students - these people please post on the thread some non-doom forecasts? ie. positives.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Who are the Macquaire law students - these people please post on the thread some non-doom forecasts? ie. positives.
Macquarie law has opened our minds, intellectually challenged us and we will all leave as competent graduates.

dd24

ßorɜɗ ɳɜpali
HSC
um macq law is pretty good, although some tutorials are only 1 hour which doesn't allow enough time to cover the content, however there are many other fantastic features to cover this such as PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) where students teach students, and may I say it PAL is very helpful. The quality of staff is not too bad some of the lecturers have written the prescribed texts. Other than that, as a uni in whole I think macquarie is fantastic, you'll definitely make a lot of friends, as the Macquarie Uni Law society (MULS) is very engaging! The campus itself is heaps chilled, it has a bar (UBAR), with pool table, daytona and all these other shooting games. Back to the law aspect, yeah i think Macquarie is a good choice! I am very happy with it so far :) dont hesistate if you have anymore questions.

so in summary
positives:
- excellent law society
- quality of staff pretty good
- Peer assisted learning
- new library
- excellent campus

negatives:
- short tutorials which do not cover content
- some units are structured in such a way you want to murder the unit conveynor

Politic

HSC
N/A
um macq law is pretty good, although some tutorials are only 1 hour which doesn't allow enough time to cover the content, however there are many other fantastic features to cover this such as PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) where students teach students, and may I say it PAL is very helpful. The quality of staff is not too bad some of the lecturers have written the prescribed texts. Other than that, as a uni in whole I think macquarie is fantastic, you'll definitely make a lot of friends, as the Macquarie Uni Law society (MULS) is very engaging! The campus itself is heaps chilled, it has a bar (UBAR), with pool table, daytona and all these other shooting games. Back to the law aspect, yeah i think Macquarie is a good choice! I am very happy with it so far :) dont hesistate if you have anymore questions.

so in summary
positives:
- excellent law society
- quality of staff pretty good
- Peer assisted learning
- new library
- excellent campus

negatives:
- short tutorials which do not cover content
- some units are structured in such a way you want to murder the unit conveynor
The positives sound awesome.... But just on the negatives... Is it correct to say that the short tutorials are compensated by PAL and MULS? Also what are examples of these units that you don't like the structure i.e. could you expand on this? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)