• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Problem Solving Test for Employment (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
P&G have those for internships and grad positions. has anyone taken one? The Problem Solving Test is a literal reasoning and numeric test.

If so, any advice?

onetwothree

HSC
I think I have. I did the one that you have to go in to their offices to do - and you can't book a time, and if there are too many people for a particular session then you have to come back later. Ridiculously inconvenient for someone coming from interstate :mad1:

Anyway, it wasn't hard. If it's the one I'm talking about, they send you practice questions. The test is exactly like the practice questions. Reminded me of those UNSW maths and science competitions at school. Main thing is to pace yourself to get it done and not get bogged down in anything (e.g. if you keep making a mistake and not getting any of the multiple choice options...just move on). One thing is if you're not good at mental arithmetic, it's probably worth practicing doing some simple calculations quickly. I don't remember being really pushed for time, but I don't think I had heaps of time left over at the end either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)