• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Printer - its stuffed (1 Viewer)

Lu Lu

HSC
My printer just died for the second time. AHHHHHHH. Its so annoying. I just got it back today from the warranty people printed 1 page and it killed itself. I had to wait like 6 weeks for it to get fixed and spent like $50 petrol to get it to the place to fix (120km one way from my house) as well as printing costs of $20 at uni while I was waiting for it to get fixed! It nearly would have been cheaper to buy a new one! Do you guys think if I tell all this to the people at the particular company this they will give me a new one or are they going to fuck me around again? Sorry about the rant but its soooooooo annoying.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
If they're going to throw you around, go pick up an all in one printer for like $15 from lexmark or someone at Big W, well worth the money. Get a refund on current one.

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can give it a try. But cheaper printers these days have become such a commodity it would be worth your money to spend $200-$300 on a decent quality printer to make sure it'll be working when you want it to.

P

pLuvia

How come you don't have like 1000 free printing every month or something? My brother goes to USYD and gets like 500 free printings every month or more. How come you don't get any?

Lu Lu

HSC
Yeah I did think about that but its nearly a year old and harvey normal won't do it I don't think. Its a scanner as well so to replace its gona be about $200 at least to get sometime equal.
I go to UWS = students pay for all photocoping, printing, etc. Its suppost to be discounted but at 11 cents per page it ends up really expensive went your printing heaps.

P

pLuvia

oh damn that's really bad lol, especially if you do computer courses :p

klh

HSC
ive been in your situation...have you thought of replacing the adapter? what brand?
ive bought stuff form HN and they stuff around, in my first year, my printer broke a few times and it took them a couple of times before telling me to bring the power adaptor so they can test it. then my monitor stuffed up, it just blinked and turned off, and they fixed. never ever buying folrm them again!

Lu Lu

HSC
Yay! They said they would replace it!
Klh I know what you mean about HN. Same thing happened to my laptop last semster and it took six weekes to fix and now the printer same thing again - everything I got on that day has broke! I know its not all their fault but the way they haddle customers is so anonying. I don't think I'll buy from them again.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Cheap multifunctions are horrid, especially from Lexmark or HP. A typical crappy $100 all-in-one HP has disastrous running costs, it's funny seeing people flock to buy these cheap shits, not realising the hole they're digging themselves in. Something like a 12/14/15/1610 from HP costs around $30-50 bucks per cartridge (x2).. might aswell replace the whole damn thing after it runs out of ink.

Canons are great though. You can get some decent multifunctions at cheap prices from them, with very cheap consumerables (cheap Canons tend to use the BCI-24 inks, $13 for black & $30 for colour).

Can't wait till the Canon MP800 comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)