• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (5 Viewers)

mreditor16

HSC
Is everyone asleep or something? -.- hahahaha

Industrial Question - Soap is an effective surfactant due to its unique tadpole-like structure which allows for two-pronged cleaning effects. Soap has a long hydrocarbon tail which is hydrophobic (water hating) and an anionic head which is hydrophilic (water loving.) By working together, soap is able to act as a bridge, carrying off particles as the tail attaches to oil droplets and as the head dissolves in water. By effectively encircling these oil particles, a micelle is formed. The micelle carries a negative charge, thereby making it unable to resettle on the surface of the water as the particles repel one another. Non-oily substances can also be removed as the head dissolves in the water, and the tail sticks in the air, thereby breaking the surface tension. This causes the particles to become more "wet" and thus wash off.
At BOS Trials

mreditor16

HSC
ohyeahhhh haha

I did last year's paper last night. 53/100 lel hahahah so shit.

Have you done it yet?
I will try BOS trials from previous years after the 17th. I have a jam-packed first week - English paper 1 on Monday, English paper 2 and latin 3u on Tuesday, and latin 2u on Friday. after that Friday, I'm much more freed up. so will defs try all 3u and 4u from all years up to 2014, after that friday

HSC
I will try BOS trials from previous years after the 17th. I have a jam-packed first week - English paper 1 on Monday, English paper 2 and latin 3u on Tuesday, and latin 2u on Friday. after that Friday, I'm much more freed up. so will defs try all 3u and 4u from all years up to 2014, after that friday
haha holy shit latin and paper 2 on the same day.

It's a nice paper. I lost some marks due to sillies, but the inequalities are pretty cool!

HSC
On the bright side its english and and extension subject so they're both 2 hours each. So like think of it as one 3 hour exam and time dilation happens within the exam and its like a 4 hour exam instead. A friend has ancient and pdhpe on the same day and they're both 3 hours each :O

Yeah I know what you mean about afternoon exams, the pd is 2-5 too :( and here I was sad because I would have so write so freaking much the day after english LOOOOLL so yes good luck haha. you'll do well I know :D
Seems like out of you and mreditor, i am the one with a decent timetable?
English paper 1 & 2 on sequential days.
Then 5 days later biology.
A day gap in between bio and 4u maths.
Then 4 days until chem followed my 3u on the next day.

When i finish 3u, ill be sure to send both of you a PM of me enjoying myself while y'all study for phys hahahaa

HSC
DAMN THATS SO GOOD :D and no dont you dare send me a pm of you 'enjoying yourself' before 31st october or else I will cry LOL

nah my timetables pretty good. Its just paper 1 paper 2 pdhpe successively, I'm not worried about that though- especially because pd is an afternoon exam so I can spend the morning chilling.
Then a whole week for 2u on the 22nd
Then 27th chem, 28th 3u (but its okay because who even does maths the day before the exam), and then 31st phys.

THEN FINALLY DONE.
Hahahaha! And agreed with the maths thing. There's really no point of doing papers or studying for maths the night before an exam. Because if you do, probably means you're not prepared. But for 4u, i think it's important to go over crucial theorems, as there are some that we can get asked to prove.

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
Hahahaha! And agreed with the maths thing. There's really no point of doing papers or studying for maths the night before an exam. Because if you, probably means you're not worried. But for 4u, i think it's important to go over crucial theorems, as there are some that we can get asked to prove.
HPF doesn't do 4u

mreditor16

HSC
On the bright side its english and and extension subject so they're both 2 hours each. So like think of it as one 3 hour exam and time dilation happens within the exam and its like a 4 hour exam instead. A friend has ancient and pdhpe on the same day and they're both 3 hours each :O

Yeah I know what you mean about afternoon exams, the pd is 2-5 too :( and here I was sad because I would have so write so freaking much the day after english LOOOOLL so yes good luck haha. you'll do well I know :D
hmmm. agreed. OH wow, ouch

Seems like out of you and mreditor, i am the one with a decent timetable?
English paper 1 & 2 on sequential days.
Then 5 days later biology.
A day gap in between bio and 4u maths.
Then 4 days until chem followed my 3u on the next day.

When i finish 3u, ill be sure to send both of you a PM of me enjoying myself while y'all study for phys hahahaa
nah I have a good timetable. the problem is it only becomes good after the 17th. :D because then 4u on 22nd, 3u on 28th and phys on 31st

Hahahaha! And agreed with the maths thing. There's really no point of doing papers or studying for maths the night before an exam. Because if you do, probably means you're not prepared. But for 4u, i think it's important to go over crucial theorems, as there are some that we can get asked to prove.
+1

I know, i was referring to myself and you, i think i failed to make that clear haha.

But we have to go over the theorems, such as reflection point etc etc, they could ask us to prove.
lol ceebs. they'll probs guide us through it.

3U French and Extension English on the same day for me. Quit your bitching haha
lol that's effectively the same as me. 2 two hour exams on one day. so we can both bitch. haha besides 3u English doesn't have to count. for me 2u English paper 2 has to count

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
are there any shipwrecks people here? mostly seems industrial

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Industrial dominated m8.

Industrial > Shipwrecks.

why are these questions so easy :(

sorry but like yeah. NO shipwrecks is easier than industrial by far. No calculations, nothing. All rote and stuff.

Since no one is answering,

btw how many marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)