• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (7 Viewers)

HSC
m666 Math sin focus ---> can't you see?? Clearly it says in the title of the book that it is a "sin". How much more explicit does it need to get?

Also, add "s" to the front of "excel" and you get something used as a marketing ploy. That's probs the only reason these books are sold.

You guys are making me insane, I've started analysing MIF... :spzz:
After all this math, you haven't realised sin is short for sine.

SMH

QZP

HSC
That's how most sample answers are written.

Excel does it, my teacher taught me as well.
Well it's not accurate because it assumes the origin of the constituent ions. Sometimes its not about following what others have done but standing your own grounds. CREATE CHANGE IN THE WORLD YOUNG ONES!!

HSC
Well it's not accurate because it assumes the origin of the constituent ions. Sometimes its not about following what others have done but standing your own grounds. CREATE CHANGE IN THE WORLD YOUNG ONES!!
Yes, after the HSC. Not compromising marks hahahah

New Question:

Do you believe Fritz Haber's discovery was evil or beneficial? Discuss.

iStudent

HSC
Google: salts chemistry.
It define salts as ionic compounds that result from the neutralisation reaction of an acid and a base. So yes, you can assume that it came from the constituent ions because that's how it's formed.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
In HSC, always be explicit with everything you say. Define every fancy word, give equations whenever you name a process (eg fermentation, combustion of octane, refluxing, photosynthesis)

I know sometimes you reckon the marker knows, but in this case you have to assume the marker knows nothing.

HSC
In HSC, always be explicit with everything you say. Define every fancy word, give equations whenever you name a process (eg fermentation, combustion of octane, refluxing, photosynthesis)

I know sometimes you reckon the marker knows, but in this case you have to assume the marker knows nothing.
Yeah a 7 marker could say what's the benefits of biopol, yet in the marking criteria they want to know what type of polymer it is, how it's made, etc etc

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yeah a 7 marker could say what's the benefits of biopol, yet in the marking criteria they want to know what type of polymer it is, how it's made, etc etc
yeah exactly. gotta flesh out everything in chem

QZP

HSC
Google: salts chemistry.
It define salts as ionic compounds that result from the neutralisation reaction of an acid and a base. So yes, you can assume that it came from the constituent ions because that's how it's formed.
But which ones? You're telling me there's only one way to form NH4Cl? PSHHHHHHH

SAFEST bet is to put in brackets (e.g. HCl) instead of what I see you guys doing i.e. 100% from HCl

iStudent

HSC
True I guess there is other ways. I see what you mean. But really, if the textbook does it this way I think it's safe to say that the hsc accepts it that way too.
Probably say something like Cl is the conjugate base of a strong acid and Nh4 is the conjugate acid of a weak base. So NH4cl is an acidic salt. (Since youre using the textbook, strong acud + weak base -> acidic salt) Then explain using equations etc

photastic

HSC
Please help this band 2 student.

The equilibrium constant for the following equation is 1K:
2A + B = 2C
At equilibrium, the concentration of A and B is 0.5 mol/L and 0.7 mol/L respectively. The concentration of A has been reduced by 0.1 mol/L from its initial concentration. What is the initial concentration of C?

Industrial Students please.

QZP

HSC

2A + B = 2C
At equilibrium, the concentration of A and B is 0.5 mol/L and 0.7 mol/L respectively. The concentration of A has been reduced by 0.1 mol/L from its initial concentration. What is the initial concentration of C?

Poorly worded

Edit: What's 1K?

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Poorly worded
Dis is a state rank response. Really helpful :|

This is the exact question so I have no ideas what 1K is.

666th post WOOOOO

Last edited:
HSC
Yeap haha :p i just found the answers to the paper i am doing.

Dislike doing papers without solutions, drives me insane!

2A + B = 2C

Isn't it 0? This question is confusing, worded weirdly.

QZP

HSC
I said it was poorly worded because it's not solvable. Did you perhaps mean K = 1? And also an equilibrium equation instead of an equality? Take a screenshot of the Q -_-

HSC
I said it was poorly worded because it's not solvable. Did you perhaps mean K = 1? And also an equilibrium equation instead of an equality? Take a screenshot of the Q -_-
Aren't the initial concentrations of the products supposed to be 0?

photastic

HSC
My Phone can't copy and paste the city rail symbol and I think it's 1 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)