• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (4 Viewers)

HSC
There is also another trend. As you go down the periodic table it becomes more "basic" and on the RHS, as you move up, becomes more acidic.

But I guess question wasn't worded correctly for you to pick up on that.

Next question??

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Ohh nice! Yeah also I find my option (industrial) relates to back to a lot of things learned in the core. :)
Yeah industrial seems to be relevant to heaps of the core! Chem of art doesn't have much cross over (only really this and part of waterway monitoring with water hardness) so I take advantage of all I can get haha

SuchSmallHands

HSC
There is also another trend. As you go down the periodic table it becomes more "basic" and on the RHS, as you move up, becomes more acidic.

But I guess question wasn't worded correctly for you to pick up on that.

Next question??
There has been an increase in the concentration of the oxides of nitrogen in the atmosphere as a result of combustion.
Assess both the evidence to support this statement and the need to monitor these oxides. (5 marks)

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
There has been an increase in the concentration of the oxides of nitrogen in the atmosphere as a result of combustion.
Assess both the evidence to support this statement and the need to monitor these oxides. (5 marks)
lawl, done this question far too many times :) Someone else can answer

QZP

HSC
Can someone post their notes or PM me them on this?? I really struggle with this dot point :/

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Can someone post their notes or PM me them on this?? I really struggle with this dot point :/
Yeah sure, is it okay if I do it tomorrow morning if no-one posts? I will remember, dw. Just really sleepy sorry :(

HSC
Talk about the Antarctic snow and the analysis for the oxides since prehistoric times.
Other evidence you could talk about include -
- decreasing pH levels in waterways.
- erosion/corrosion of limestone monuments/buildings, apparent in USA.
- photochemical smog

Question: -There has been an increase in the concentration of the oxides of nitrogen in the atmosphere as a result of combustion.

Here's a question for you guys - You know how it talks about the need to monitor these oxides, and everyone talks about how it leads to acid rain and blah blah, explaining effects of acid rain. But for the monitor part, can't you also mention how ozone is formed and how it is a pollutant in the troposphere? Hence why we need to monitor oxides of nitrogen.

photastic

HSC
Other evidence you could talk about include -
- decreasing pH levels in waterways.
- erosion/corrosion of limestone monuments/buildings, apparent in USA.
- photochemical smog

Question: -There has been an increase in the concentration of the oxides of nitrogen in the atmosphere as a result of combustion.

Here's a question for you guys - You know how it talks about the need to monitor these oxides, and everyone talks about how it leads to acid rain and blah blah, explaining effects of acid rain. But for the monitor part, can't you also mention how ozone is formed and how it is a pollutant in the troposphere? Hence why we need to monitor oxides of nitrogen.
Yes you can which is why the combine ozone with monitoring oxides, EVERY MODULE LINKS WOOOOO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)