• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prac exam on "Blueprint of Life"? (1 Viewer)

Raven

i like to ask questions
HSC
N/A
Did you perform any practical examinations on chapter "Blueprint of Life"? If you've done it,can you please tell me what you had to do???

Thanks in advance

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
no we dont get practicals for the topic... i think we're gonna get a written research task later on... but no prac... i dont think - the teachers would of said something about it.

i think they would prob assess ya on the pedigrees and stuff.. thats the only prac i've done... besides natural selection with toothpicks...

Akira_Tikira

You don't do any individual practicals....but I think it is wise to fudge the pracs so as if you done something...so when they ask you in the exams....which they may do (1 in 3 chance in the modules) you need to be prepared to answer one.

saram

HSC
does any one have any ideas what practicals would demonstrate natural selection. besides the toothpick one.
does any one actually remember how to do the toothpick one?
take a handful of toothpicks throw on the grass and pick up as many as you can within a time limit? this represents natural selection how again?
is it because those that u pick up least of have 'adapted' to the environment/ suit the environment the best and are the ones to survive.
have i just answered my own questions lol. =)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Raven said:
Did you perform any practical examinations on chapter "Blueprint of Life"? If you've done it,can you please tell me what you had to do???

Thanks in advance
We had a prac exam, but it wasnt really like a normal prac but used practical skills. In it had to do pedigrees, genetic crosses, model meiosis using playdoe, work out a polypeptide chain from a DNA sequence etc.

Hope that helps : )

K

katie_tully

saram said:
does any one have any ideas what practicals would demonstrate natural selection. besides the toothpick one.
does any one actually remember how to do the toothpick one?
take a handful of toothpicks throw on the grass and pick up as many as you can within a time limit? this represents natural selection how again?
is it because those that u pick up least of have 'adapted' to the environment/ suit the environment the best and are the ones to survive.
have i just answered my own questions lol. =)
camouflage
It's a pretty effective demonstration of natural selection actually. If you've got red and green sticks and you throw 10 of each on a green mat, more often than not the red ones will be picked more than the green ones because they stand out more.
This shows natural selection; those that are able to adapt to their surroundings will flourish; those that cannot will perish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)