• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Political Slant (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by adamj
Yes, the GST has meant more money in my pocket everytime I get paid, instead of going straight into tax. THe GST has not had adverse affects on me. And furthermore, I agree in the raising of our tax bracket in the higher ranges, meaning those who work extra to makr extra money, wont have to pay half that back to tax, somehow the ALP don't agree, even though they are the 'workers party'.
really.. well lucky for me i dont work then aye??

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
EXACTLY!

it onlyi affects me everytime i gotta buy something from the shop.. dayem gst

adamj

When you get income, it will mean lesser taxation from your income, if you save this you gain more interest. Budget, and the problem seems less.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah, i say john with liberal too - just for the sake of it.

JonnoisBored

HSC
Hannah DC said:
I'm a lefty. Even if Liberal is good for the economy, think of all the other things that they've done! Refugees, mandatory detention, the war in Iraq, GST, children overboard, workchoices, and so much more!

...God, I'm glad Labor's in now...
just watch them screw up... there are always problems and im sure labor will do just as bad or worse since rudd and swan arent as experienced, you might regret your own words...;)

Peartie

HSC
Hannah DC said:
I'm a lefty. Even if Liberal is good for the economy, think of all the other things that they've done! ... GST
Im not alligned to any party and Ill vote for who i believe will deliver whats best for Australia at the time of the election.

I just thought I'd point out with your quote here though - the GST was originally a Labor policy under the Keatig government - it would have been introduced in 96 had Keating been re-elected...granted Howard broke his promise when he said GST would "never ever" be part of Liberal policy but nonetheless he stole it from the Labor government....

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Hannah DC said:
Yes, I know it was originally a Keating policy. However, I am annoyed that Liberal has done it, and I would be equally annoyed if Labor had done it.

Especially as John Howard promised that GST would never ever be a policy under him...
What is wrong with the GST?

It has been a massive improvement from the old sales tax.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hannah DC said:
Yes, I know it was originally a Keating policy. However, I am annoyed that Liberal has done it, and I would be equally annoyed if Labor had done it.

Especially as John Howard promised that GST would never ever be a policy under him...
He then changed his mind and went to an election with GST as a central part of his policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)