• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

please help yr 11 n 12 economic students (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
oh gawd i HATE ECONOMICS!!! i swear it is the most boring mind numbing subject ever!!! DO NOT CHOOSE IT URGH , i did it cos i needed the 2units and the other subjects on that line were just as crappy. I CANT WAIT TO DROP IT AT THE END OF THE YEAR!!! GAH! i do ancient history and though it's not exactly riveting 24/7 and my teacher is just strange... i still prefer it BY FAR

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
well i find economics really good. interesting and not really that hard. Its all logical!

HSC
Eco has its ups and downs for me, but recently its been getting really boring.... I think cause i do 2 sciences and eco is very diff....

Monstar

HSC
Eco is logical and makes alot of sense. Its heaps easy man.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Economics was like totally the easiest subject in HSC, everything just lapses back onto everything.

Although at the start of Eco in Year 11, you may find the supply & demand graphs to be utterly boring, but it's like the basics to eco.

"Chubby"

HSC
when i was choosing my subjects in yr 10, my mentor told me something along the lines of this is a lot of theory (all my subjects are theory based). At first i didn't care, but now as the HSC is getting closer, i realised how right he is. I have a few friends who do eco, legal and business which to one of them complained that there is just too much theory, but if you like theory than it's fine. I do legal and business, out of them 2, legal is def much better as the context is more interesting to me, i regret choosing business studies. LOL. SOrry if it's not good advice. ahah

lil_huyenie

HSC
hey i hope im not too late in answering your question.

well.. im currently in yr 12 and studying both eco and business...

i absolutely love eco because i find it interestisng...
but i hate and dread busines studies cause its soo repitive..

but studying eco does help with business a bit especially for yr 12 i think...

theres more work that needs to be put into eco, and you have to do essays blah blah... but for business its a bludge..

hope u make the right choice

Rebecca1234

HSC
i do both modern history and economics and in my opinion i find modern a pain in the ass. And you wanting to do extenstion history must show u know and are experienced within the subject, where i was tossing up whether i should have chosen economics coz i got told it was heaps hard and alot of problem solving, so i ended up doing it and was going to drop it if i didnt like it but i love it, i ace it and its my favourite subject. If u want an outline of wat economics is about email me Cheeky_bub4life@msn.com ad i will help ya! cheets! :)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I've done both. I did modern in year 11 and I dropped it. I wouldn't say it's harder than economics though. I just didn't enjoy modern, and I don't know if it was my teacher or the course, but the assignments were neverending and took up alot of time. I did top it that year and I kept economics. Slightly regretting it because I am dumb and not very good at this subject. I only really liked economics because of the class, not the subject matter. But that's a personal thing.
You have to write essays in economics as well, but they are really hard. If you can keep up with the word load, modern is generally easy. I've heard business is really easy (far easier than economics) but alot of work (like legal).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)