• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics with 2 unit maths..? (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
hey everyone I just had a question about HSC physics, I recently selected my subjects for year 11 and I chose 2 unit maths as well as physics. My question is will I struggle with the HSC physics course with only 2 unit maths, is physics really that maths intensive? Most of the physics I have done this year has just been applying formulas to different questions. So my question, is wanting to do physics in year 11 and 12 a viable option for someone who is decently good at science and average at maths?

cheepy5

HSC
Most of the time you are applying formulas in questions.
There are kids who do general maths and do physics so it doesn't matter what maths course you are doing its irrelevant to physics.

Roy216

HSC
No, not really. Most of the mathematics in physics is using forumlas. The most you probably have to know is trigonometry for projectile motion. Apart from that you should be fine

zeebobDD

HSC
no it doesnt matter, the course is designed so any level math student can take the course. 2u is more than enough

goobypls

HSC
Okay thanks for the reassurance guys :) I really enjoy physics and am looking forward to studying it next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)