• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pens (2 Viewers)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Always have one or two blue pens! (plus another spare! or someone asking me for a pen, and theres one more in my blazer pocket :D) As for type of paper, its always a 128 page A4 book (I'm into my 8th 128 page maths grid book!). Only loose leaf for chem, cause we don't get proper most of the time and have to scribble down.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sunny
Yea I like the Pilot BallPoint fine....it writes pretty good, I've been using those since I started using a pen...its just the grip on it is just jagged plastic and gets very uncormfortable without some other grip on top of it.
yeah i kno wat u mean
and like sorta like the bumps/dents, the flesh/skin of the area on my middle finger which my pen rests on is slowly being eaten away....i think its that damn plastic rubbing against my finger, or a really bad pen grip

sunny

meh.
HSC
Eaten away?! woah....my pen might scratch and rip at my hand, but at least my pen isn't a carnivore!

You should try the band aid cushion :D

im jess

i used a bandaid for my half yearlies..... i cant be bothered anymore though... hehe
and i tend to eat my pen... my pen doesnt eat me.... hehe..... i always break the tops of my pens off my chewing them

Nelly

Me 2, I always chew my pens, it relieves stress.

Um, you guys must have like extremely sensitive hands. I've never felt the peeling away of skin that you guys have, thats just wierd. No offence. ;)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Nah its more to do with how you hold your pen (where it rests) and the type of grip its got.

Its all very technical....:p

ice_cream

yes..i would say the pilot retractable pens are good....really smooth...but runs out a bit too quick..cos i used a new pen for my trials...and started on the second eng test...by the time my trials are over...i have half the pen left....the grip hurts and makes it feel so uncomefortable.....so always put something over it....

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
speaking of pens... hahahah - i wont go there.

But i also use to have the PhD by Sanford. Same with feel/price with Dr Grip, but it looks nicer, but the grip expands quicker. Mine 'broke' (the grip was all loose) before i got to replace the frist cartridge - thats when i went 4 Dr Grip.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not within the first half hour.

It reaches its peak in the last 5 minutes though. :p

dissonance

I can believe people can talk for so long and in so much detail about pens!

By the way my History teacher said black pens on average get higher marks...(as a result the smartest guy in class has used a blue pen ever since and it deosn't seem to stop him topping the class)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey dissonance..were u meant to say i cant believe.......?

well i cant believe u guys..yeah talk abt pens in so much in detail etc..
well fo me.. i dont really care abt what pen i use :p i always lose my good pens..like parker pens. i always lose them.. or mayb someone stashed them..haha.. i dunno :p so i dont get no good pens no more..whatever i can find i use..only if its blk or blue ink tho cos i dont like writing in other colours..

u know what i like...whiteout!! hahaha.. :D

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lee
does anyone else ever have a problem with writting really messily during exams?
yes!..i have messy handwriting to start with....
i don't write on the actual lines on the paper...sorta all over them really

Lee

Originally posted by dissonance
I can believe people can talk for so long and in so much detail about pens!

By the way my History teacher said black pens on average get higher marks...(as a result the smartest guy in class has used a blue pen ever since and it deosn't seem to stop him topping the class)

how is it possible for people with black pens to get higher marks?
maybe it is just your history teacher havin prefences towards black therefore pursuading you to use black.

Morgues

cause the hsc markers are usually old and mark in similar conditions to slaves under very bad light and black is easier to see

dissonance

ha, yeah I was meant to say "I can't believe"....anyway

I think she thought black just looked more professional or something...we always give her a hard time about it cause she's still rather young and all...

I reckon she regrets ever bringing up the subject in the first place

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
When i saw this thread i thought it must be a joke, like everyone else i cant believe that i actually have comments to make about pens but i do...

Dissonence is right i think, my ext history teacher was working at the BOS until last year and she said that because black pens were easier to see markers were more generous towards the. I dont think she can back it up with a whole heap of scientific evidence but it makes sense if you think about it.

Also does anyone else have a bad pencil grip? I was talking about this with some friends and its amazing hom any people have managed to get through primary school with bad pencil grips and the amzing ways these people find to hold their pens.

I find that if i have a decent pen then my writing looks prety and if my writing looks pretty i feel happier and more confident about my essays but maybe i just have some kind of disorder, i dunno

Em

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)