• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parents bribe for son to get into Selective School (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
typical.

no, it means that there is greater competition in selective schools given that everyone is in the school for the same reason - to get the highest marks... which is what a selective school's main purpose is to do.

trust me, i come from one.
and what a great load of good it has evidently done for you. no go back and lie in the quadrangle with the rest of the fobs.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
and what a great load of good it has evidently done for you. no go back and lie in the quadrangle with the rest of the fobs.
fckin lol

i never had you on my ignore list

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
Yep, this is the only time it has ever happened, and it will never happen again. Ever.

Ha. "Bribery" falls under many, many different labels. Those who don't think it occurs [in selective school application] are incredibly naive.

Guess that makes it okay then if it happens all the time.

Besides, they are Chinese. Cultural differences ftw.
Oh, ok

GUESS THAT MAKES IT OKAY THEN

itt

Last edited:

beentherdunthat

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
ha burn bitch

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
jb_nc said:
Guess that makes it okay then if it happens all the time.

Oh, ok

GUESS THAT MAKES IT OKAY THEN

itt
It's a fucking travesty!

Get the pitchforks and light the fires!

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
It's a fucking travesty!

Get the pitchforks and light the fires!
I dont think Australia really cares about some gook child that much

lala2

Banned
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Besides, they are Chinese. Cultural differences ftw.
lol more like mainland Chinese. I'm sorry, but have you ever heard of a Hong Ki trying to do things like this? They're a bit more civilised, and that's the truth. Both schools are very good, but if I were to bribe anyone (not that I would), I would bribe them for James Ruse then. Or alternatively, they could've just done the right thing and used that money to tutor their son even more. *Sigh* it's such a sad state of affairs that selective schools are the be all and end all. I know selective school = more competition = more likely to motivate you to do well, but at the end of the day it's yourself. If you have the right attitude, no matter where you are, you'll do well. If you have the wrong attitude, you won't be able to get that far.

08er

HSC
well cultural differences might have influenced their decision to such actions as it may be considered to be the norm in their previous culture.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
and to those who claim the teacher was stupid in rejecting all that free cash...im pretty certain NSW DET guidelines state that teachers are not allowed to accept anything more than small token gifts i.e. chocolates, cards, bath bombs etc.

johony

HSC
Re: 回复: Parents bribe for son to get into Selective School

shantu1992 said:
naaaaaaaaaaaah
the teacher probably thought it was a risk to her or something and it was all set up, she did the right thing!
the parents are douchebags
with that money they could have sent their son to grammar for half a term
or waverley for a term
grammar maybe
waverley no

asian parents telling their friends that their kid goes to a selective school sounds better that saying that they go to some elite private school.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
it seems to me that if the kid deserves to go there or is smart enough for the school, he will probably get in, this just shows that the parents must not believe that the kid can get in to the school

08er

HSC
haha must have been disheartening for the kid

Edu.kid

HSC
I read a similar article in the sydney morning herald today and they put a huge picture of the dad and the article really stands out. What annoyed me was not that the parent bribed the teacher, cause i know parents would do anything for their children and most Chinese people put a lot of effort and hope into their children to become something. But when i kept reading the dad sad "they had been told by members of the Chinese community they should pay the teacher to help their son get into a selective school". So this isn't an isolated incident, so its quite unfair for all those who try to get in their honestly. So it makes you question how many students in James Ruse and Sydney girls etc got their honestly.

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
lala2 said:
lol more like mainland Chinese. I'm sorry, but have you ever heard of a Hong Ki trying to do things like this? They're a bit more civilised, and that's the truth. Both schools are very good, but if I were to bribe anyone (not that I would), I would bribe them for James Ruse then. Or alternatively, they could've just done the right thing and used that money to tutor their son even more. *Sigh* it's such a sad state of affairs that selective schools are the be all and end all. I know selective school = more competition = more likely to motivate you to do well, but at the end of the day it's yourself. If you have the right attitude, no matter where you are, you'll do well. If you have the wrong attitude, you won't be able to get that far.
well said, lala2!

zstar

HSC
N/A
I didn't even have to read the story to know they're Asian.

No white person would ever do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)