• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Under pressure, human beings are capable of things beyond their normal capability.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
personally, i remembered:
- quotes
- techniques and meaning
- dot points for how texts linked together contextually, thematically and technically
- lots of practice essays so i could see what i remembered and practice ways of putting the points together to suit the individual question.

don't try to memorise your essays, for most people it won't get them top marks.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Same as silvermoon. I don't memorize like word by word but in dotpoints so that I still remember basically the entire essay and what follows what. I also memorize key phrases that are good at describing a certain point since it can be quite hard to articulate in a sophisticated matter when stressed under exam situations.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
good point - a couple of sentences (both topic and 'linking') can be a good idea. it IS muchos harder to be articulate under pressure.
...on a side note, dont you just luv it when people say they have the same opinion as you? *huggles blank* ;)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
_blank said:
Same as silvermoon. I don't memorize like word by word but in dotpoints so that I still remember basically the entire essay and what follows what. I also memorize key phrases that are good at describing a certain point since it can be quite hard to articulate in a sophisticated matter when stressed under exam situations.
Same.

I just read all my notes and all my past essays over and over and over again.

Then made dot points of them. Then summarised the dot points into keywords. Then made a mnemonic. woot!

Then as soon as you get into the exam, try and scribble them all somewhere and when you remember something, add it to the scrap page.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
going over your past essays and comparing them is another good technique - were there points that you mentioned in one but forgot in another? try to be objective --> what would you have given that essay out of 20? has it really answered the whole of the question or did you slightly change the question/ignore a key word/directive? did you answer all the question or just part? have you supported all your points with quotes or exmaples form the text? have you explained techniques used and their meaning? have you linked your texts together well? how good is your spelling and grammar? do you have a strong introduction and conclusion?

Skitzo

HSC
Critically analysing essays. This enables you to see trends, and differentiate between the low and high band responses. I haven't utilised this approach to studying yet, but l have heard from credible sources it is a good way to see what level you are at, and hope to exceed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)