• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Op Shop Clothing (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
have the clothes there be cleaned? why do some items smell like crap?

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
noneother said:
have the clothes there be cleaned? why do some items smell like crap?
If the clothes smelt clean it would take the prospective purchasers weeks to get them back to the smell they like... in the mean time people might get those people confused with people that shower...that cold be disasterous!

philly17

the smell is from moth balls and dust that comes from being in storage for years (before ppl throw them out)! Once u buy them and wash them they are fine and for a 1/4 of the price of other stores.

arrested development
HSC
Haha I love the smell of old clothes that have been packed away for years. :eek:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
its the smell of sex in garment form...

...mothballs.

but yes, you should definately wash them.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Op Shops are goldmines.

So far i have found:

Original pair of Air Max BW's

Cost: $6

Sold on Ebay: $345

Original pair of Jordon 6's

Cost: $12

Sold on Ebay: $240

Signed Supremes album

Cost: $2

Sale on Ebay: $135

Cha-ching.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
WOW you serious?
Where?
did u buy them tho?

But they have been worn by someone's feet....
so erm.. no thanks :p

dont mind the album tho

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Sorry, it wasn't an album, it was a record, an EP.

From various op shops around sydney, not gonna give away my spots :p

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I fucking LOVE op shops, as much as they stink. I found a authentic vintage Chanel handbag (i got it checked and certified) for 15bucks and theyre worth wayyyyy more ($600 on ebay). Some of the stuff like clothes im more careful of, because obviously theyve been worn before- i just really clean it. Because of op shops, i can sew and do alterations on clothes like really well now.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAAHA baby wipes. You loser. I know this guy who has a disinfectant spray that he carrys everywhere so he sprays it EVERYWHERE HE GOES. He uses up a bottle/per day and it smells awful. He also brings about 3 towels everyday as well- so whenever he sits down on a chair or the ground or wherever, he sits on the towel. Its soooooo funny. He also refuses to go into public pools cos he thinks he might catch aids. OHH and he also has his own bathroom, and changes his bedsheets twice a day. Anally clean ppl crack me up.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
The funny thing is, i do most of that stuff- maybe not most but ALL. So yeh, you're not that anally obsessively clean as i imagined. But baby wipes, hahaha thats just hilarious.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
kimi said:
HAHAHAAHA baby wipes. You loser. I know this guy who has a disinfectant spray that he carrys everywhere so he sprays it EVERYWHERE HE GOES. He uses up a bottle/per day and it smells awful. He also brings about 3 towels everyday as well- so whenever he sits down on a chair or the ground or wherever, he sits on the towel. Its soooooo funny. He also refuses to go into public pools cos he thinks he might catch aids. OHH and he also has his own bathroom, and changes his bedsheets twice a day. Anally clean ppl crack me up.
that boy has a disease.

...if i knew him i'd pee in his bed.

arrested development
HSC
miss_gtr said:
I'd really love to be a thrift queen. I would.
But I can't. The whole wearing second hand clothes.. and being in an op shop. IT STINKS JUST WALKING PAST IT. I really cant bring myself to buying second hand clothes let alone wearing them. Not just for clothes too, assessories too. I think its so gross.
Its probably because i'm a germophobe. I'm monk on a lesser scale. People give me weird looks when I wipe keyboards with my handy baby wipes. haha. *weirdo*.
I'll tell you what's weird... I LOVE knowing that I'm wearing old clothes, and I love the smell and everything - but I'm actually a real germ-o-phobe too. Like, I have designated cups and knives and forks and water bottles in my house so I don't have to use the same ones as other people. And I can't even share hand towels or toothpaste with my family. It's so weird. :s

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Egronk said:
Op Shops are goldmines.

So far i have found:

Original pair of Air Max BW's

Cost: $6

Sold on Ebay: $345

Original pair of Jordon 6's

Cost: $12

Sold on Ebay: $240

Signed Supremes album

Cost: $2

Sale on Ebay: $135

Cha-ching.
i dotn beleive you . noone would pay that much for second hand shoes.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hes right about the shoes, old Jordans sell for shitloads cause people want them in their collection

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
kimi said:

wtf.... grab a piece of shit and smear it on his shirt to see his go nuts

i bet he has asthma and severe allergies...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)