• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ok, let the betting begin.... (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hmm...well, he certainly makes out that he's good. And by the sounds of his confidence in both the MX1 and MX2 exams this year I would agree with him. But I guess we'll find out in a few days' time :)

Oh yea: Rafy is another...I've seen his Economics advice and I wonder if he came top in the state but just isn't saying anything... :)
Do people already know if they topped the state in subjects?

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
so the fact that I got almost 100% in all my standard english tests, and that the rest of my class like hardly ever passed or got over 60%, means my marks will be dragged down? oh and I am pretty damn sure they all sucked in the actual hsc exams..

oh thats a pain in the ass... I was like the only person who tried in my standard english class. That's shithouse how they compare you to your class...

meh

nwatts

HSC
Ah, dreamerish, wholovesmaths, not sure who else.

There are a few who definitely deserve very high UAIs, but probably won't achieve them, because of the damned flawed HSC. *shakes angry fist*

Just remember people, this is no measure of intelligence.

nedzelic

HSC
how the fuck do you people actually know who's the smartest in the state? or rumours of whose good this year???? man, you's live in a different world to what we do - so ultra competative

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
if I came first in the state for a subject, I would be telling people... Why would they tell them not to tell anyone... Ridiculous, as if you wouldn't haha!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
jooobl said:
if I came first in the state for a subject, I would be telling people... Why would they tell them not to tell anyone... Ridiculous, as if you wouldn't haha!
Meh. If the media gets hold of it then who knows what could happen :p

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
nedzelic said:
how the fuck do you people actually know who's the smartest in the state? or rumours of whose good this year???? man, you's live in a different world to what we do - so ultra competative
yeah, how DO you guys know who's smart, just by reading posts on Bos? maybe i havn't been here long enough..

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I bet someone from James Ruse and North Sydney Girls gets 100
I won't be wrong.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I bet someone from James Ruse and North Sydney Girls gets 100
I won't be wrong.
u mean UAI?

well considering James Ruse had 8 people get a UAI of 100 in 2004, if im not mistaken, then yeh i'd assume u must be right lol

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
gibbo987 said:
they were also informed not to tell anyone anything if they did so i doubt you will find any info regarding names/subjects round here.

* looks at Gibbo suspiciously *

*stares at a few people in this thread*

well thursday (i.e tmrw) I think the media will be at the presentation ceremony (sorry, im not sure what its called)) so we'll know by tmrw... and then the few suspicious ones *stares* might inform us of their achievements.

All the best ppl

only... 37.5 hours to go...!!!

HSC
N/A
Oh how exciting!

Does anyone mind if I edit this thread slightly so that I can keep track of how many "bets" are on the various BOSmembers? I'll put regularly updated lists on the opening post, and put various "glittermarkers" here and there to keep track of what has and hasn't been counted yet...

Opinions?

EDIT: As a general message to those who have been "bet" on, take it as a compliment. In the grand scheme of things people are making their bets based on what they think based on what they've seen you demonstrate IN THE FORUMS. It may or may not equal to the same thing in real life, but it's lovely to think that people think so highly of you :)

Captain pi

HSC
I think the Board will find some papers they forgot to mark and then award glitterfairy first place retrospectively in Mathematics Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, all English courses, all Science course, and all Classical language courses. :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
glitterfairy said:
Oh how exciting!

Does anyone mind if I edit this thread slightly so that I can keep track of how many "bets" are on the various BOSmembers? I'll put regularly updated lists on the opening post, and put various "glittermarkers" here and there to keep track of what has and hasn't been counted yet...

Opinions?
go for it!

HSC
N/A
Captain pi said:
I think the Board will find some papers they forgot to mark and then award glitterfairy first place retrospectively in Mathematics Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, all English courses, all Science course, and all Classical language courses. :)
OMG!!!!!

*is rocking on her chair, laughing her head off*

This is made even funnier by the fact I dropped from ME1 to General Maths in my 2004 HSC year, dropped Science after the SC, and couldn't really speak any foreign language - let alone a classical one!!! - to save my life.

I am highly flattered, however ;)

This post has been glittermarked!

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I forgot to mention two important people who have the biggest brains of my grade - Airness and KFunk. Airness' estimated UAI was 98-100.

I also forgot to mention Physician and Glitterfairy, and there are still many others. I wouldn't be surprised if Wholovesmaths ranks first in the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)