• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Official A.R.Rahman Thread (1 Viewer)

Who played/sung the best? Apart from Rahman himself.

• Hariharan

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Chitra

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Alka Yagnik

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sadhana Sargam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unni Menon

• Madhushree

• Kailash Kher

• BlaaZe (Rajesh Raman)

• Sivamani (percussion/drums guy)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Alma (from Bosnia)

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
who went to the brilliant 4 and a half hour concert yesterday? MAN IT WAS MESMERISING! i stayed there the whole time but unfortunately i couldn't get close, i was quite far from the stage. the 60 dollar tickets. i wanted to get autorgraphs and stuff from singers and the genuis himself, but they wouldn't let me. dayam it was amazing though!

also, who did you all think sung/played the best? apart from the genius himself.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
I really luv Alka Yagnik's voice especially in swades....its just...too damm good, how come sono nigam did not perform....he should have been there.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
heard bout this...my cuz payed around 90 bux or something for tickets...
anyone going to Raghav?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah alka sang damn well. i wish sonu was there too, he would have sang saathiya much better. though, hariharan did the tamil version very well! i want to go to raghav's concert, but some people tell me, that we won't see much of him at the concert.

absta

HSC
OMG OMG OMG I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE A.R RAHMAN SO MUCH
OMG HARIHARAN WAS DEFINITELY THE BEST
AND OMG i loved how they had both tamil and hindi songs..and to all those people who were chanting for hindi songs:

MUSIC HAS NO LANGUAGE BECAUSE IT IS THE ULTIMATE LANGUAGE

Last edited:

nit

HSC
Chanting for Hindi Songs? Dude, it was the tamil crowd that was chanting for Tamil songs, especially at the beginning...we were so vocal..they changed the peformance to suit the cultural split - not many of the Tamil songs after the break (lol, which coincided with Bosnia's singing) were planned, I'm sure. It only happened due to the Tamil section's restlessness at the beginning of the event.
Yup, Hariharan is quite the character - he can liven up these sorts of events nicely.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Hariharan sure can live up to the life of the crowd. how he makes songs sound so much better than they really are like 'telephone dhun mein hasne wali/telephone manipol' and 'chanda re/vennilave'.......dayam he's good. BUT A.R.RAHMAN RULES ALL THE WAY! esp his songs dil se reee and vande mataram, dayam rahman, there's a reason why they call you god of music.

nit

HSC
all the south indians thought it was fucked up with too much hindi. I'm one of them

absta

HSC
they were chanting for tamil? in my section ( silver, the side rahman was facing when he was playing the piano) all i could hear was HINDI HINDI HINDI and it was lyk dude shut up, majority rules. evrytime they started singing tamil eeeeeveryone started cheering, so naturally they'd sing more tamil. and anyway, rahman's got more hits in tamil. Almost everytime he composes something in hindi he gets dissed by reviewers, eg- the hindi version of mudhalvan, annnd i cant think of others at the moment but yeah.
otherwise i thought there was a good mix of tamil n hindi...apparently they sang more tamil here than they did in melbourne, and my friend who went to both concerts said she liked the sydney one better..they didn't have that thing in melbourne where they all sat down and sang tamil songs ( hariharan's nilla kayirathu is just DIVINE)

nit

HSC
^agreed on everything...yeh nila kaikirathu is brilliant.

Last edited:

somechick

HSC
N/A
oh i didnt go to the concert but i heard it was so good. darn it!!!

but man that guy is such a genius
i love 'saathiya' and 'haye dil ke baaze'

they are sooooo goood

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
oh hell it was excellent!!!! i couldn't stop cheering and singing along. im really surprised i didn't lost my voice. i loved nila kaigirathu and madhushree's kabhi neem neem, ive loved that song since the day it came out. and of course rahman's all time best; dil se re.

somechick

HSC
N/A
OH!!! dont make me feel bad

they said that everyone went crazy for 'chaya chaya'

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah! it was really good, kailash kher sang it instead of sukhwinder singh and he did a damn good job of it!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey does anyone know when the video/dvd of the concert releases? and where i can get it? i really want it since i was stupid enough not to take my camera coz i was too scared they'd do something.. man! everyone had their cameras and everything clicking away..uhh i want the video or dvd of it!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)