• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

% of nationality (1 Viewer)

jam3zi

HSC
10%jews (lecturer) lmao jkz
40%asian (including indians)
30%europeans
20%australians?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Now that I think of it...a lot of Asians do Business at those Unis. -_____-

Jeez, bloody pretentious much? It's like that's the best method of making money.

beefnoodle

HSC
The fact is that a large portion of intermational students don't remain in Australia after they graduate, and a lot don't come here with that aim rather want to return home after they finish. Simply having an Australian qualification, even one from UWS :p is advantage enough for many, hence why there are a large portion of international students in these degrees at UWS.
You sure?
Most internationals I know applied for PR or going to after graduation.

Lara1986

HSC
You sure?
Most internationals I know applied for PR or going to after graduation.
My opinion is based on stats in various immigration textbooks (I did immigration law over summer semester so that's why i recall this info :)). Apparently a large portion don't stay, and those that do stay and apply for PR after graduation, average time remaining here is 2 years i think from memory?

But all that aside, I initially was posting in response to comments about business students at UWS in particular, and anecdotally from info from lecturers and graduation stats etc, impression i've been given is that a lot of UWS accounting/finance international students don't remain in Aus.

May be different in other degrees or other areas, but in that narrow context it seems that a lot don't remain in Aus, at least not for more than a couple of years.

Laucht

HSC
uts, sydney. Unsw macquarie etc is mainly packed with asians doing bachelor of commerce, how is uws like? Is majority like other unis consisting asians or more of wogs? Or mixed multicultural

piiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss

h3da

HSC
If u have a qualification and want to make big money its better to go offshore, due to the fact u dont need to pay tax to the australian government or pay your help and the fact that if u go to foreign countries like china they will pay you big bux to work for them.

Bendent

HSC
UTS, Sydney. UNSW Macquarie etc is mainly packed with asians doing bachelor of commerce, how is UWS like? Is majority like other unis consisting asians or more of Wogs? Or mixed multicultural
i think majority of asians would choose unsw since we are more comfortable with each other

HSC
Guh, so much stupid, stupid generalisations in this thread. Lara1986 is on the ball though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)