• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

notes (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
for the exams, you use anything you can get your hands on.. textbooks, your own lecture notes, other peoples lectures notes :p, tute/prac work, course notes, etc.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
i doubt you can be bothered typing up your notes later on in the semester. i tried that once, but all the written notes piled up on my table and when it came to typing them, i left it too late and didn't understand any of it!! :(

i usually just re-write my lecture notes with stuff from the textbook so it all makes sense...
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i print off the slides and add my own notes to them during class (albeit half finished sentences coz i cant keep up with the lecturers)
i then type them up, adding notes from the textbook and finishing off the sentences and stuff
Originally posted by ...
yea, for lect, i write important stuff (esp in comp115) and later at home i re-write them again in my own folder nearly and nicely
THANKS! to all three of you. now i know i am normal. other people do what i do (even if it's in slightly different forms). i will keep doing this then.

Leanne

HSC
well i'll keep to my typing idea then...it'll take just as long as re-writing them up all nicely etc, like u ppl are doing!

and i'm a fast typer so it wont take me long at all! Also, its a good excuse for me to use the comp! lol

HSC
haha yeah same ere leanne typing all the way :D
have n e of first year guys/girls formed a group in uni??

Leanne

HSC
a group? well i sorta hang around the ppl i met at orientation day.....but when i realised that i only really got on with one of the ppl (while the others sorta snobbed me) i thought that i better find my friends elsewhere...

atm..i have different friends for each subject...i met one girl doing 3 out of the 4 subjects i'm doing, so i have at least one buddy for my lectures...for the other class...i found someone else!

but at this stage..i dunno how i'm gonna form an actual group..when everyone has lectures at different times....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do you NEED to summarise the text or is what the lecturers say enough? not to pass, but to get a good mark. they tell us to reach text chapters, but why - for extra reading or for things which haven't been talked about?

i have pages of notes i have been taking in lectures, i don't really want to double them with text notes.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
well you don't have to.. i mean the lecturer just covers the material from the readings.. they are just putting in out there for us to understand better.... the textbook is meant to serve as a point of reference because they can only cover a limited amount of depth for each topic in a lecture, and thats where the textbook comes in...

i remember last year i didn't do any readings and still did pretty good.. but then i crammed my ass off during stuvac with the textbook!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok thanks

and my next question is - if the lectureres can only cover a limited amount of depth, is that the depth they want for the exams? or do they want to the depth of the text?

i think i have way too many notes from the lectures anyway. lol, i am counting now and from 2 1/2 hours of lectures, i have 10 pages.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by zaijan_85
have n e of first year guys/girls formed a group in uni??
I formed my own group of one =p

Leanne

HSC
i'm actually surprised that each lecture only goes for 1 hour..well for most of my classes neway.....i mean..hardly anyhting at all can be covered in that time! i have been able to retype my lecture notes from one hour onto a single page in size 12 or 11 font. That isnt too bad i reckon!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I reckon you should just bring a lap top (risky, tho) if you're just going to retype it.

bong

HSC
or do what my friend is doing, a pda with an attachable fold out keyboard (full size),

dont ask about the cost though :p

Rahul

Dead Member
a guy next to me was using a laptop in econ today....for about 5 mins. then he took out a book to write in. then he went to sleep like the rest of us.

ND

HSC
Can anyone actually find a position that is comfortable to sleep in? (im serious) I tried to sleep with my head on the desk thingy, but it kept on falling down, and i can never get to sleep sitting upright.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, elbow on desk, resting your head on that?

Rahul

Dead Member
go to the back of the hall, and sleep in the hallway up against the wall. the lecturer wont be able to see you there.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
LOL.. there is no comfortable way of sleeping in those theatres.. i hate the e7b theatres!! there is no leg room what so ever.. talk about DVT.. :p

what degree you doing "iambored"?? if your doing a commerce/economics degree the depth in the exams will require you to understand the concepts and be able to apply the knowledge... but in arts units, i'd say you should read up and gain as much insight you can into the topic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)