• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Not going to schoolies....why?? (2 Viewers)

Juddy2250

Soon to retire...
HSC
Better things to be doing...

I mean I'm all for the idea, but what if you have no one worth going with? And besides i'm looking at starting my accounting cadetship early. And who can really afford to enjoy themselves at schoolies? Think of the money you save by not going! And after all you will need all the money you can get when you start uni!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I didnt go to schoolies and im sort of down about that but happy to, cause i didnt waste shitloads of money, and from what i hear from my mates it wasnt all its cracked up to be
anyways

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
i would be overseas so no schoolies for me~!
i'd rather spend my $500 accommodation for a nice lil diamond ring...
If not, clothes, whatever.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
(^o^) said:
i would be overseas so no schoolies for me~!
What only $500, isnt it more like $1000, including accomodation, food, alcohol

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
(^o^) said:
Accommodation only, of cos not including travelling fares, food, alcohol, party entries etc...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I spent maybe $400 total on my schoolies, it doesn't have to be expensive if one of your mates owns a place at the destination:D

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey guys
I'd like to make a small comment on schoolies, from the viewpoint of a laidback guy who likes to surf. Schoolies is a waste of time and money. With the Gold Coast slosh-fest you are looking at around 1500 dollars, when u include travel, accomodation, booze, food etc etc. - and u will not even remember most of it. Now as a surfer, why would you want to be near some of the best waves in Australia only to be to maggot to surf them. With that 1500 you could go camping at some great beaches for a heck of alot longer, with many better memories or conversley you could stay in Sydney, buy an incredibly huge amount of booze and recreate the experience. Hold your nose, down litres of cheap cheap wine, hit yourself repeatedly over the head with a large stick, pass out and vomit your entire stomach contents. Sounds good? On a happier not, I'd like to tell you about the best concert I have been to, on in Centennial Park last nite, featuring Jack Johnson, Donovan Frankenreiter, Xavier Rudd and G.Love/Special Sauce. It was an awesome, laid-back, vibesy event - a relaxing mood and setting, friendly crowds and chilled out, meaningful music, truely echoing the musical festivals of the past.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
James87 said:
Hey guys
I'd like to make a small comment on schoolies, from the viewpoint of a laidback guy who likes to surf. Schoolies is a waste of time and money. With the Gold Coast slosh-fest you are looking at around 1500 dollars, when u include travel, accomodation, booze, food etc etc. - and u will not even remember most of it. Now as a surfer, why would you want to be near some of the best waves in Australia only to be to maggot to surf them. With that 1500 you could go camping at some great beaches for a heck of alot longer, with many better memories or conversley you could stay in Sydney, buy an incredibly huge amount of booze and recreate the experience. Hold your nose, down litres of cheap cheap wine, hit yourself repeatedly over the head with a large stick, pass out and vomit your entire stomach contents. Sounds good? On a happier not, I'd like to tell you about the best concert I have been to, on in Centennial Park last nite, featuring Jack Johnson, Donovan Frankenreiter, Xavier Rudd and G.Love/Special Sauce. It was an awesome, laid-back, vibesy event - a relaxing mood and setting, friendly crowds and chilled out, meaningful music, truely echoing the musical festivals of the past.
yeah thing being most people don't surf genius
i'm going up there precisely to party, get pissed and come up missing a kidney

bec :-x

HSC
wanted 2 go but all my friends didnt coz they werent gunna b 18 so they thought it was a wast of time so not going kinda wasnt a choice 4 me.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I really wouldn't mind going to schoolies, but my parents gave me the choice of schoolies or a car.. and i think a car would be a more worthy investment.

As much as it is an experience, getting pissed on the weekends has taught me enough. Still, i may go down or up the coast with some friends during schoolies time - considering the majority of us (including myself) are still underage.

Whether we go and have a boozy week or an holistic retreat (with facials and massages etc) is yet to be decided. Either way, not going to GC.

phil-Z

King
HSC
4 experience

yeh im just going coz my friends haf sucked me into it saying it will b heaps of fun...we go after party weeks 1 and 2 but so will that make a difference????

going 4 the experience

is there much traffic on the way up coz we debating whether 2 fly or drive?

HayleeKate

HSC
1) You're not going because none of your friends are? I'm going to make friends! And, everyone's friends after the first drink or two!
2) You're not going because your parents wont let you? Most of you will be 18 then or very close to it, they cant say no, and you'd probably be surprised, if they thought you really wanted to, they'd probably give in with a bit of work. Unless of course you dont work and rely on parents for money, then, you're just weak, get a job like the rest of us slaves.
3) Its a waste of money? You people will turn 40 and say to yourself... "WOW! I've got shitloads of money saved up! but, the best half of my life is over and I've spent my whole life reading books (which i borrowed from the library to save money from buying them of course), and i have no life nor good memories, i wasted my youth, didnt have fun, and all those other kids i grew up with may be $500 shorter than me, but damn, they love life and havent they made the most of it!" I pity the psyciatrist dealing with you in 20 years time.
He who dies with the most toys/money, STILL DIES!
I spent the summer holidays on a road trip to the Gold Coast with my best friends, we went to the big day out, and I was nearly choking at paying $115 for one day of music, but I tell you what, I wouldnt trade it for the world, thats 2 weeks of work for me, all gone in a day, but thinking back to the fun I had still makes me smile 3 months later, I'd do it all over again, I'm not even really into music that much, but it was just the atmosphere, the friends, you cant beat that. Go to schoolies you nerds!
4) anyone who thinks schoolies is only about the alcohol probably is wasting their time, its more than that, if you think its just about getting drunk, dont go. If you realize its about hanging out with friends, making new friends, enjoying life, and celebrating the culmination of 13 years of hard work at school, GO TO SCHOOLIES!

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i aint gonna b here, im goin to england for a few days and ill go watch soccer, then heard to switzerland to snowboard....i am goin wit 2 of my oldest friends and our parents, so itll stilll b sweeet

whitie

HSC
Hah the only reason i'm going to schoolies is to get pissed and have sex with random girls i dont know...call it what you want but we arent getting any younger and it could be the only time in our lives we have that oppurtunity to be drunk 27/7 and have no strings attached sex. Cmon!

word?

HSC
im not going. Im not the most social person im afraid haha. Rather spend time with my girlfriend.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)