• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

no longer care (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
the hsc is just one big game of route learning what the board of studies wants anyway.. it turns 'intelligence' into a measure of self worth
in the end there are so many ways of getting into uni and studying what you want- its not 100% essential to waste a year of your life
don't you mean rote learning

K

Kozak92

naw i never did any study and now that i'm meant to i cant motivate myself to
How isn't doing well in the HSC not enough motivation. Trust me, when the bad marks roll in you'll realize well enough what you are doing is wrong. I wouldn't imagine what I would do if I can't achieve an ATAR of at least 70. Its really better to just realize now that its better to work hard for a year instead of not attempting the HSC seriously and having to go through pathways just to get into Uni when you could've done it much easier by doing well in the HSC.

If it doesn't sink in now or after its definitely going to sink in when your stuck doing a job you absolutely hate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream-Theater

HSC
I like how you people are saying that if you don't get 85+ ATAR you basically have no future. "Being stuck in a job you hate". How many people get good marks, go through Uni, and are still stuck in office jobs they hate? Millions. I don't believe anyone likes the notion of wasting your already short life doing things you don't want to. Many people have been successful dropping out of school to pursue what they want to.

Cowbell

HSC
How isn't doing well in the HSC not enough motivation. Trust me, when the bad marks roll in you'll realize well enough what you are doing is wrong. I wouldn't imagine what I would do if I can't achieve an ATAR of at least 70. Its really better to just realize now that its better to work hard for a year instead of not attempting the HSC seriously and having to go through pathways just to get into Uni when you could've done it much easier by doing well in the HSC.

If it doesn't sink in now or after its definitely going to sink in when your stuck doing a job you absolutely hate.
an ATAR of 70+ isn't a "good mark". If i sat the HSC right this second I would get 70.

HSC
I like how you people are saying that if you don't get 85+ ATAR you basically have no future. "Being stuck in a job you hate". How many people get good marks, go through Uni, and are still stuck in office jobs they hate? Millions. I don't believe anyone likes the notion of wasting your already short life doing things you don't want to. Many people have been successful dropping out of school to pursue what they want to.
Thank you captain obvious.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
A lot of people in this thread seriously need to eat some humble pie.....

Cowbell

HSC
No you wouldn't. I'd bet a million dollars on it too.
finished prelim with high ranks (top 10), and in 3/4 of my subjects up to 40% prelim is in the HSC
probably just under halfway through year 12 syllabus (my school spends the entirety of term 3 doing trials and revision)
currently in top 15 of my subjects in assesments so far
physics, chemistry, ext. 1 maths, ext 1. english
for english, with the way I write, i bet i'd get a 75+ in advanced and an 80+ in extension
for maths, we do the course in a weird way that means we covered 3/4 of the yr 12 course in year 11, yet are still doing some prelim stuff (although once we finish the logarithmic function we'll be completley finished)
for physics and chemistry i'm halfway through each dot point book
My school was ranked 90 last year with only 6 asians out of 200. this year there are about 10 asians, meaning my year will probably rank higher than 90 next year.

If i sat the HSC right this second I would get 70.

K

Kozak92

finished prelim with high ranks (top 10), and in 3/4 of my subjects up to 40% prelim is in the HSC
probably just under halfway through year 12 syllabus (my school spends the entirety of term 3 doing trials and revision)
currently in top 15 of my subjects in assesments so far

physics, chemistry, ext. 1 maths, ext 1. english
for english, with the way I write, i bet i'd get a 75+ in advanced and an 80+ in extension
for maths, we do the course in a weird way that means we covered 3/4 of the yr 12 course in year 11, yet are still doing some prelim stuff (although once we finish the logarithmic function we'll be completley finished)
for physics and chemistry i'm halfway through each dot point book
My school was ranked 90 last year with only 6 asians out of 200. this year there are about 10 asians, meaning my year will probably rank higher than 90 next year.

If i sat the HSC right this second I would get 70.

Not being mean or anything but it clearly sounds like you care and are trying to do well :sun:

sexii_Can_I

In your shoe closet, contemplating life =)
HSC
You seem to be entirely capable of doing quite well in the HSC, but just lack the motivation to keep working. Of course you're free to approach this any way you want to, but I'm just suggesting that you think about what would satisfy you in the long run: getting a mediocre ATAR by not caring and watching everyone else getting congratulated and excitedly planning their future, or the sense of fulfillment in seeing a good ATAR that you know you deserve, will give you a better chance of landing a good job and is a fitting reward for completing 12 long years of school? Just giving you a different way of looking at things. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :)

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Rather than no longer caring, personally I've found that becoming detached and emotionally expressionless to the whole HSC process can yield positive results. I just regard exams and such as something that needs to be done in order to get from point A to point B.

youandmexo

HSC
ha good luck in the hsc.

dw guys, he is just making it easy for all you to get the high ATAR aims you want :)

or there is the possibility that you are trolling? if so, epic fail!

Jackson94

HSC
I would to be intrusted to see how this guys life turns out...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
ha good luck in the hsc.

dw guys, he is just making it easy for all you to get the high ATAR aims you want :)

or there is the possibility that you are trolling? if so, epic fail!
BOS is generally full of non-trolls or extremely fail trolls :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)