• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

No Allowance! (1 Viewer)

12ins

HSC
N/A
So I work a trainee ship. Long story short.. I get paid jack shit.
I spend half my god damn wage on petrol alone just to get there.

Am I eligible for any payments from Center link? No.
My parents have 'high incomes' apparently.

But do they give me anything? NO! Not a cent. I pay board, I pay for my own expenses, they don't really support me and haven't been doing so since I was fucking 17. (I'm 19 now) I buy my own shit, I wouldn't class myself as dependent on them at all.. but they do.

It just gives me the absolute shits, knowing that those losers and scum out there who don't have jobs due to fatness/lazyness/dumbness can just walk on down and get paid the SAME or more as what i'm earning right now, for doing nothing... and I work my fukn ass off and get nothing. What a crap system.

If people have no money (and it's their own fault.. eg criminal records, no school, lazy) they should be just told to fuk off and go rot somewhere. I hate paying tax knowing it goes towards them and they just blow it on shit like pokies and alcohol. It's like.. who gives a shit about them, let the scum die.

I have friends who get allowance because they're parents don't earn as much as mine, and they're actually BETTER off than me, it's just a load of crap really.

Anyone else in the same boat?? Fuck you centerlink.

aussie-boy

HSC
The income test is ignored if you can prove "independence" - however if you're working, you wouldn't be eligible anyway since its a payment to support students

people don't just 'get' money... its either for being unemployed, being disabled, studying, or having dependent kids - if you would be better off on the dole, why not just quit work?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Become emancipated, claim independence and state you pay rent.

Hope you have receipts to prove it.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
12ins said:

But do they give me anything? NO! Not a cent. I pay board, I pay for my own expenses, they don't really support me and haven't been doing so since I was fucking 17. (I'm 19 now) I buy my own shit, I wouldn't class myself as dependent on them at all.. but they do.

It just gives me the absolute shits, knowing that those losers and scum out there who don't have jobs due to fatness/lazyness/dumbness can just walk on down and get paid the SAME or more as what i'm earning right now, for doing nothing... and I work my fukn ass off and get nothing. What a crap system.

If people have no money (and it's their own fault.. eg criminal records, no school, lazy) they should be just told to fuk off and go rot somewhere. I hate paying tax knowing it goes towards them and they just blow it on shit like pokies and alcohol. It's like.. who gives a shit about them, let the scum die.

I have friends who get allowance because they're parents don't earn as much as mine, and they're actually BETTER off than me, it's just a load of crap really.

Anyone else in the same boat?? Fuck you centerlink.
But probs you're not also paying out the arse for your education on top of that, it's deducted from whatever you may otherwise have earned. A lot of people here are in the same boat, having full time uni and then having to work on top of that to pay rent, food, textbooks, fees, etc. & not getting centerlink. It sucks now, but smile and know that at the end of your traineeship you'll make a lot more. You just have to stick it out.

ps. I take it with your wage you haven't earned over the 'independant' threshold yet. There's a vicious cycle for you =/

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
12ins said:

i feel for you

just kidding, suck shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)