• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

News and Politics Worst Poster Election (1 Viewer)

Worst Poster?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Bone gets my vote, and because i'm the best C.A poster, my vote is worth 5 votes in the affirmative.

I vote for katie as god of the forum. once again, my vote in the negative negates two votes in the worst C.A Poster.

Therefore, Bone wins. End.

K

katie_tully

Interesting to note that the left's call the right's the worst posters, and vice versa.

Whoo. Thread revival.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
its true.
lefties cant see past their bleeding hearts.
righties see issues much less emotionally and more systematically. (read: realistically)

K

katie_tully

err, didnt you know that logic has no place in todays society?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
its true.
lefties cant see past their bleeding hearts.
righties see issues much less emotionally and more systematically. (read: realistically)
I disagree
well, this may be true of some key left BOSers
however, you can't dispute the fact that there are also some incredibly stupid right wingers around too

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
undoubtably.
There are equally stupid right wingers as there are left wingers. The most foolhardy of which profess to be either on the definitive left or right.
I suggest, however, that a true righty (in terms of the righties that we have today) accepts the necessity of having left wing ideals included in the political scope but does not allow emotions to have anything more than an absolutely minimal effect on policy decisions.
It should be noted that your average joe is a fool when it comes to good politics and good policies. This is why gifted and trained individuals take these roles and this is also why the government does, in fact, know best.
Which brings me back to my initial point. Righties, on the whole, rule with their head and not their heart and can, in the extreme, be quite cold. Lefties, on the other hand, rule primarily with their heart and often without their heads. While everyone is almost bound to be happier under the 'rule' of lefties. They will also be poorer and suffer a lower standard of living.
So what i'm saying is that successful governments will lean to the right, primarily and will generally have a higher standard of education and will thus be more objective in their decisions.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
undoubtably.
There are equally stupid right wingers as there are left wingers. The most foolhardy of which profess to be either on the definitive left or right.
I suggest, however, that a true righty (in terms of the righties that we have today) accepts the necessity of having left wing ideals included in the political scope but does not allow emotions to have anything more than an absolutely minimal effect on policy decisions.
It should be noted that your average joe is a fool when it comes to good politics and good policies. This is why gifted and trained individuals take these roles and this is also why the government does, in fact, know best.
Which brings me back to my initial point. Righties, on the whole, rule with their head and not their heart and can, in the extreme, be quite cold. Lefties, on the other hand, rule primarily with their heart and often without their heads. While everyone is almost bound to be happier under the 'rule' of lefties. They will also be poorer and suffer a lower standard of living.
So what i'm saying is that successful governments will lean to the right, primarily and will generally have a higher standard of education and will thus be more objective in their decisions.

- That has to be one of the dumbest generalisations ever in this forum. I never knew politics could be summed up in about 200 words! Perhaps you need to do 'Politics basic introduction' at uni.

- I believe people are quite happy under the rule of the righties at the moment .Many people are also happy under leftist (Not really leftist. No government in Australia is 'leftist') I mean the NSW Labor party is essentially far right wing occupying the ground that was once the NSW Liberals. The Liberals can't go any further to the right leaving them with no policy.

Same goes for the Federal Labor party. They have no where to move...

- When were the left politicians ever dumb and when were right wing pollies ever dumb. There are excellent minds on both sides. Its your inability to to grasp or understand the other side with belies your narrow minded view of the world.

Latham - B Ec

Crean - B Ec / LBB

Beazly - Who knows - Rhodes Scholar and university lecturer

Keating - Nothing - But honourary law degrees from ANU and UNSW

Hawke - Rhodes Scholar

Hayden - LLB

Whitlam - LLB

Liberal Leaders

Howard - LLB

Hewson - Doctor of economics

Downer - BA

----------------------

In the USA

Democrats

Kerry - Boston Law school

Clinton - Rhodes Scholar

Gore - J.D

Republicans

Bush - Harvard Business and Yale Business

Bush Snr - Boss of CIA

etc etc

------------------------

Standard of Living?

Yes we have never had such high wages but we have never had to spend such a high proportion of their wages on HEALTH and EDUCATION.

It's hard to compare standards of living and what exactly is 'poverty' and who exactly is 'poor'...

I never knew the standard of living was so low under Clinton!

Ever stop to think that Houses were MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper when interest rates were higher under all governments (Conservative and liberal) during ths 80s? No one had to borrow as much. As soon as their is talk of lower interest rates house prices go up. High interest rates = lower house prices.

A number of people bought houses in the 80s (for around 80 000) and had no problem servicing the debt. Why BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE TO BORROW AS MUCH!

I could go on...but your posts in general in this forum speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I hope to one day become the first Australian Prime Minister with a degree in Music.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Firstly, my esteemed colleague, I wish to thank you for pointing out that my "posts in general in this forum speak for themselves." So extremly profound of you, I pray that your wisdom may never cease and that you may impart us with more as time goes on.

Secondly, I was under the impression that this forum is for impressions, for ideas, for thoughts and for generalisations. If this were for extended responses, essays or even thesis' then i'm in the wrong place, forgive me. I await your essay that corrects me but until such time; shut the fuck up, jesus.

It is ironic that you so willingly refute my generalisations with your more specific generalisations, which takes all the grass out from under you. I don't think that saying that the Liberal Party can move no further right is on the same scale as my highlighting the differences between left and right politicians.

I honestly cannot believe that I am even considering responding at any length, so I shall cut myself off here and await your essay or thesis or, if you can handle neither of the aforementioned text types, an extended response.

Perhaps I should sit in on an introduction to politics lecture and I may well just do that soon... but do not pretend that having a degree makes you any more qualified to argue what is essentially a subjective matter. A degree takes you deeper, it does not make you any more right. Irrellevant, perhaps... but I wanted to get that out of the way before you brought it up.

NB: Final paragraph does not refer to any professional degree such as Law or Medicine. It does, however, refer to subjective things such as philosophy, which is what we're talking about. So stay on track, please.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
In addition, I never called the lefties dumb. I never actually mentioned anything about their mental capacity. I just talked about how they rule with the heart much more often than they do with the head. Their heads could well contain brains of immense power, i'm just saying that reason is often overpowered by their emotions.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
Firstly, my esteemed colleague, I wish to thank you for pointing out that my "posts in general in this forum speak for themselves." So extremly profound of you, I pray that your wisdom may never cease and that you may impart us with more as time goes on.
Blah blah blah. You are offended...

Secondly, I was under the impression that this forum is for impressions, for ideas, for thoughts and for generalisations. If this were for extended responses, essays or even thesis' then i'm in the wrong place, forgive me. I await your essay that corrects me but until such time; shut the fuck up, jesus.
Blah blah blah. You are offended. Say really stupid stuff and you are going to get corrected.

It is ironic that you so willingly refute my generalisations with your more specific generalisations, which takes all the grass out from under you. I don't think that saying that the Liberal Party can move no further right is on the same scale as my highlighting the differences between left and right politicians.
Blah blah blah. You are offended. You have no idea what you are talking about etc

Things become less generalised when they are more specific. To say that most people seem happy under Right Wing governments isn't a generalisation. Its established fact. Since NSW has a right Wing Labor government and the Federal government is also right wing.

A stupid generalisation is saying that All Right wing politicians are cold heartless and fat.

A Stupid generalisation is saything that all leftist politicians are loose, immoral and can't think past their heart.

I honestly cannot believe that I am even considering responding at any length, so I shall cut myself off here and await your essay or thesis or, if you can handle neither of the aforementioned text types, an extended response.
You just did respond and you have nothing. What the fuck does your above quote have to do with anything?

Perhaps I should sit in on an introduction to politics lecture and I may well just do that soon... but do not pretend that having a degree makes you any more qualified to argue what is essentially a subjective matter. A degree takes you deeper, it does not make you any more right. Irrellevant, perhaps... but I wanted to get that out of the way before you brought it up.
A believe a degree in politics or something will ensure that you know more than the average joe. Perhaps with pols 101 or something you will stop saying stupid things.

Do you really believe Leftist pollies can't think and only rule with their heart and that right wing pollies think with their brain?

Yikes. Just write that in your intro to politics essay. See how well that goes down.

tWiStEdD said:
I mean it's a classic quote. The bold part is just CLASSIC! Just read it.

When are right leaning people any smarter than left leaning and why do right leaning have higher levels of education and - um - how does that make them more objective? (Since as you say they rule with their heads which infers that they think. While idiot lefties rule with their heart which means they often dont think)

Bah...

Last edited:

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Jesus, you didnt listen.
Please, shut up. Your presense here is about as useful as a catflap in an elephant house.

K

katie_tully

Killah's posts had some News and Politics merits;
He, in a matter of minutes proved that even self proclaimed intelligent people really are morons.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
Jesus, you didnt listen.
Please, shut up. Your presense here is about as useful as a catflap in an elephant house.
Good work. You have nothing.

Good luck at uni. Someone might teach you the difference between left and right and some Australian Political history.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Twistedd really got owned - pw3d even... Go Jesus, it's your birthday (well was... recently).

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Well jesus, at least i have a hope.
You, ironically, dont have a prayer.
Unless, of course, some kindly passing surgeon cuts your head open and puts a new brain in.

Never before have i seen such a childish display of "you're wrongs" and "BLAH BLAH(s)" that have recieved cred from none other than Ziff himself.
This is a crazy day.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
undoubtably.
isn;t that, well, a little general....how many lefties do you know? there was a disc going on in chinese re the stupidity of one particular right winger...*muffle cough*
fascism is also quite dangerous, and right wing. I don;t think anyone was all that well off under hitler...
and on a totally unrelated topic...
twisted how did you go in maths? mark wise. I want to have beaten one right winger. other than justin, he don't count.
lol, 'Jesus', I thought you weren't posting anymore? the uni grades, remember the uni grades!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)