• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

new silverchair (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
what do you think of it?
they have a few of the new ones on their myspace

im an unashamed chair fan. frogstomp was the first album i ever owned and as far as im concerned they cant do a thing wrong. i love straight lines i cant help it

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I've always liked there stuff. Never been a crazy fan but straight lines does not impress me one bit. So until I hear a single the entices me I am not buying there new album.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i absolutely LOVE straight lines..only just recently heard some of the other songs on myspace and i'm a little unsure about them..but that said, the first time i listened to diorama, i wasn't a massive fan, but it is easily my favourite album now, i freaking love it, so eh..i'm sure i'll grow to love young modern too :D

Horseypie

HSC
Diorama is awesome...It grows on you. But their new stuff should be good...Straight Lines is pretty good.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I like "All Across the World" from their new stuff.

Not sure about "Straight Lines" sorry Tommmmm :eek:

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
cant say it really interests me, though i havent really been that interested in stuff theyve put out since neon ballroom. im not really into the whole symphonic silverchair type thing, its just so different to how they used to sound.

when i hear straight lines, the first thing that comes to mind is evermore. i mean, i like evermore, but if im listening to silverchair id prefer it didnt sound like any other band.
hoping the rest of the album is better.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i love straight lines
fantastic song

i was so wrong to ever think differently

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
(enigma) said:
when i hear straight lines, the first thing that comes to mind is evermore.
The first time I heard it I thought it was evermore.

P.S. I don't like Evermore

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
LOVE the new song.
freakshow, was the first album i ever owned. an when i was in yr 5, went to the freakshow tour at horden. first gig ever.

gotta admit as they have progressed i have lost a bit of intrest. but i still give them a try every time cause they were the first band i really liked.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
listened to the whole album earlier on today.

i have to admit, im really dissapointed with it. fair enough if they didnt want to do any straight up rock any more, but not only does it not sound at all like anything from the first few albums, it doesnt even sound similar to diorama (at least to me). the only thing thats the same is daniel johns singing...im really thinking silverchair should have broken up, and released this as a different band.

to me it just sounds like theyre trying to sound like other recent bands atm, and thats sad.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i admit it's taken me a bit to get into it but i don't think it's particularly unlike 'silverchair'..i think it's got a lot of similarities to diorama, where all the notes sort of go everywhere, and lots of different instruments are used..honestly, i really like all that hehe, and daniel's voice is so distinctive, that i don't really think they sound like other bands..that's my opinion anyway, it's definitely growing on me and i've already had lots of the songs stuck in my head haha :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha, diorama is the one i love the most..i do love the old songs too, but i really liked how different diorama was..it DID take a bit of getting used to, but i def. love it now

oh well, i'll enjoy it alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)