• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

New Best Private School (2 Viewers)

Which is the better private school.. different options

• Cranbrook

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Scots

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Sydney Grammer

Votes: 79 43.6%
  • SCEGGS Darlinghurst/Redlands

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Ascham

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Kincoppal Rose Bay

• Kambala

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Newington

• Trinity

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Knox

Votes: 19 10.5%

• Total voters

lala2

Banned
HSC
Right...here we go....these are all the private schools in Sydney I can think of (soz if anyone's done this previously, I just couldn't be bothered checking through the thread):

Barker
Abbotsleigh
Knox
Pymble
Ravenswood
Roseville
Brigidine (if it's Catholic, sorry)
Queenwood
SCEGGS Darlinghurst
SCEGGS Redlands (whatever how you spell the SCEGGS bit)
Monte Sant Angelo
Wenona
Sydney Grammar
Loreto Kirribilli
Loreto Normanhurst
St Ignatius Riverview
Tara
The King's School
Ascham
Kambala
MLC
Meriden
Trinity
Newington
Some school in Hurstville, forgot the name
Hills Grammar
Oakhill
Scots
Kincoppal Rose Bay
Cranbrook--where's that? I just copied off the poll.

Yep, thats about all I can think of now. If any are Catholic, ignore them, cos I just assumed all were private.

I would say the best schools would have to be: boys--Sydney Grammar and Barker, girls--Pymble and MLC, though Abbotsleigh and Ravenswood are pretty good.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Jade they're not talking about the shitty randwick one, they're talking about the st ives one. Btw i dont think anyone can really comment on what school is best. Most of us have no idea what they are like. However im sure many people who have went/go to a decent private school will much rather it than a public school. You dont understand how many opportunites are available at private schools compared to public schools. Im just stating my opinion however, so feel free to disagree.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
cranbrook is in bellevue hill
barker is co-ed
u forgot moriah, academically the 3rd best

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i agree with velox, you go to whatever school you go to. Some do better than others in certain things ie sport, academics, prestige (ugh..). They can be wonderful on paper (HSC results) but in reality can be absolutely horrible places to go to high school. but meh, who really cares? you go to school wherever you go to! there is no such thing as the best one, they're all equally good and bad.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
You can't say people. However in sport yes they 'can' be better. Anyway, this debate has been done a million times before. The point is you will goto whatever school suits you, whether it be in terms of sport, academic, values, convenience. etc.

Scanorama

HSC
Without Wings said:
there are so many schools that arent there, its so biased. also why is it limited only to private schools
Exactly, private schools aren't the best.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I love my old school. With our 1970s buildings, the broken guitars in the music room, the gum stuck under the desks, the 60s interior crumbling and falling to pieces, the roof that is made out of compressed newspaper and leaks on rainy days, the gym with no equipment in it, the teachers that made crude remarks and crack jokes with their kids, the way we made use of the 'Oval' which MAGICALLY transformed into a mud-boxing-ring when it rained, the broken equipment and vandalised textbooks...

I LOVE the knowledge that I belonged to an institution where we were there because we wanted to learn, not because my daddy was an old boy, or they won the Rugby championship or were the highest ranked school in this or that region.

I love the fact that when you walk through the quadrangle, you are confronted with people from ALL WALKS OF LIFE. Kids who can't afford the uniform, so they wear clothes that are close to the school colours because they want to stand up and be counted as part of the school population, kids that have gone against all of their family's problems to get somewhere in life and not end up part of the homeless statistics...

I Love Public Education. They gave me my 93.65. They gave me life skills...not snobbery or a false idea of what education or life is.
And people wonder why Public kids succeed (as a whole) at a higher level at University in comparison to Private kids.

But! That's just me, go forth young children and choose what you want...or let your parents decide. We're all different, unique, and that's what makes us wonderful.
Now will someone PLEASE get rid of this god-damn stupid thread?
My school is better than your school bullshit. Far out. Grow up.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
i love my school cos its so special and selective. No random losers around the place. No pov ppl. Our fathers are all old boys and it makes us so proud. We consistently ace the hsc.

And now Skillo's lovely disclaimer:
But! That's just me, go forth young children and choose what you want...or let your parents decide. We're all different, unique, and that's what makes us wonderful.
My school is better than your school bullshit. Far out. Grow up

:rolleyes:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Skillo said:
I love my old school. With our 1970s buildings, the broken guitars in the music room, the gum stuck under the desks, the 60s interior crumbling and falling to pieces, the roof that is made out of compressed newspaper and leaks on rainy days, the gym with no equipment in it, the teachers that made crude remarks and crack jokes with their kids, the way we made use of the 'Oval' which MAGICALLY transformed into a mud-boxing-ring when it rained, the broken equipment and vandalised textbooks...

I LOVE the knowledge that I belonged to an institution where we were there because we wanted to learn, not because my daddy was an old boy, or they won the Rugby championship or were the highest ranked school in this or that region.

I love the fact that when you walk through the quadrangle, you are confronted with people from ALL WALKS OF LIFE. Kids who can't afford the uniform, so they wear clothes that are close to the school colours because they want to stand up and be counted as part of the school population, kids that have gone against all of their family's problems to get somewhere in life and not end up part of the homeless statistics...

I Love Public Education. They gave me my 93.65. They gave me life skills...not snobbery or a false idea of what education or life is.
And people wonder why Public kids succeed (as a whole) at a higher level at University in comparison to Private kids.
I could swear that was my school you were talking about. Except that our exterior is some hundred years older in places...

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Private Schools are teh sux. My school owns them all. Publik Edjewkashion is fully sick bo!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
velox said:
i love my school cos its so special and selective. No random losers around the place. No pov ppl. Our fathers are all old boys and it makes us so proud. We consistently ace the hsc.

And now Skillo's lovely disclaimer:
My school is better than your school bullshit. Far out. Grow up

:rolleyes:

Oh hooray for you! Make sure you don't remove that pole from up your arse...it might cause longterm damage. :D

F

Fruitcake05

Didnt think a Skillington could get that angry............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)