• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Netbooks (1 Viewer)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Get the msi wind. i know i have already said that but it really is imo the best netbook on the market.

It is also bloody strong i have given this thing hell, and it still runs perfectly with me dropping it like 7 times getting bashed around in my bag. i have had mine for nearly a year and have never regretted my purchase and you can get it for 500 bucks

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Get the msi wind. i know i have already said that but it really is imo the best netbook on the market.

It is also bloody strong i have given this thing hell, and it still runs perfectly with me dropping it like 7 times getting bashed around in my bag. i have had mine for nearly a year and have never regretted my purchase and you can get it for 500 bucks
I've been trying to find it for cheaper than I can get the Kogan Netbook Pro (which has 2gb ^_^)... but no luck.

Although I must say, I have to pay for postage + tax on the Kogan... it's just under $500 that way. (hopes dell has a sale soon :p)

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Well... they are on the grow. Netbooks are becoming more popular each day with people only needing to check emails and surf the web briefly and rather than carrying a larger laptop (say 15") people opt for the small netbooks.

Personally, I am going to be purchasing one very soon as I will be using it as my notes and basically my exercise book/paper for school (of course I'll use normal books for maths XD hehe)...

I've been looking around, and there are heaps, but a lot of them soar above a lot of normal laptop prices, but I've come across this: Kogan Agora Netbook PRO - Kogan Technologies Pty Ltd

It's a new netbook which runs on gOS (similar to linux based, but combines the looks of linux, mac and windows! ^_^). I think it's great value for money!

Opinions?
Just get a laptop.. Netbooks get outdated to fast, or use your phone for the internet???

Uncle

Banned
HSC
My sister just got the netbook that KRudd promised.

I have to say. I'm impressed. It's pretty damn good. Strong wireless signal, Windows 7, lots of preinstalled software (Photoshop, Flash, M Office)

BUT, basically everything is blocked on the internet. They have got a very clever security system which blocks networking sites, messenger is disabled as well. You can't even install active X (the new flash won't go on XDhahaa)

It's good for a free on though.

I should just format it for my sister and boot it up all herself. She should just leave school and never go back... >_> hahaa
i think the tax pay for it.
format that shit

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
She'd get into shit for a week at school... but she gets to keep the computer anyway! HAHA!

She should give it to me!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
My sister just got the netbook that KRudd promised.

I have to say. I'm impressed. It's pretty damn good. Strong wireless signal, Windows 7, lots of preinstalled software (Photoshop, Flash, M Office)

BUT, basically everything is blocked on the internet. They have got a very clever security system which blocks networking sites, messenger is disabled as well. You can't even install active X (the new flash won't go on XDhahaa)

It's good for a free on though.

I should just format it for my sister and boot it up all herself. She should just leave school and never go back... >_> hahaa
can you access the bios? just get into a habit of booting linux from an sd/usb, then that will override everything

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think would be the best bet in just a netbook to take to school everyday (english, SAC, study periods, japanese..)
out of the MSI wind U100, the acer aspires (450-500$range) or the (heavily mentioned in this thread) Kogan Agora Netbook pro?
thanks for the help :)
Avoid Acer at all costs. AT ALL COSTS

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Campbelltown area, Your Notebook Solutions.

But Liverpool, try Zip Computers.

Also i believe DickSmith is stocking lappy RAM now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)