• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need helpp ASAP please! (1 Viewer)

Moey dee

HSC
Hey guys..
So i have a speech On challenges to the human spirit, which basically.. i have to hand in a transcript of and compose a 4minute speech, i have to refer to some texts i have studied:
1- Anzac Cove , (Leon Gellert)
2-Weapons Training, (bruce dawe)
3-Vietnam postscript, 1975' (bruce dawe)
4-Homecoming ( Bruce dawe)

I only have to choose 2 of the 4 poems... but i really need help starting it.. this speech is due in 5 days.. so can someone please help me!! thanks guys...
CIAO

I'd like to add, im in general english preliminary..

The Matrix

HSC
Everyone is asleep now, and I suck at English as you can see, I'm a science/maths guy so I can't help you, you will probably have to wait till like 9am and a BOSer will help you for sure.
Try to write the speech yourself and post it here so it would be easier for people to help you by giving you feedback.
BTW: year 11 doesn't count towards anything what so ever, so just write a decent speech of reasonable length and you will be fine, speeches are more about how you present them rather than the content, language, etc...

Last edited:

Moey dee

HSC
ahh, um thanks, well i know i was working on my speech.. um im going to post it up tmrw, almost finished. tbh i just suck at techniques, since i lived in lebanon for 4 years, which gives me a slight disadvantage.. so hopefully i get some good help from the community..
thanks btw .l take care

madharris

HSC
N/A
I can't really help u since I havent read and of the texts and I also don't know the questions.

But you should try to involve the audience. So start of with something like
"imagine a world where ..... Is paramount.... Have you ever experienced feeling of.... Just because of...."
you want to stand out, don't be cliche and start off like "good morning ladies and gentlemen, the purpose. Of my speech today....". remember to keep rendering to the audience. Use the words you and I, ask rhetorical questions throughout the speech e.g. "would it be say to say that...... Just because......?"

Hope that helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)