• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need help with unemployment essay (1 Viewer)

franny_bob

HSC
N/A
hey i really don't like writing essays. well depends on what they are... eco essays are just plain hard... this is the question:

Discuss the causes of unemployment and analyse the economic and social costs for the Australian economy.

like it a questions re-worded from the last year HSC paper, but i can't find like sample answers and stuff. i just dunno what like to include and how to start it off lol

thanks

stressed monkie

im a random
well here is a basic answer in a nutshell i also suggest that u go tot he resource page cause its really good and its worth visiting

Types:
- cyclical
- structural
- hidden
- long term
- seasonal
- frictional

Causes
Cyclical side:
- Aggregate demand spending and because labour is derived, unemployment
Structural
- protection
- microeconomic reform
- privatisation
Effects:
Economic:
- living standards
- Labour markets skills C lose job capacity
- transfer payments (welfare) taxes
- inequality in income
- demand, economic growth, profits recessionary spiral
- savings

Social:
- financial hardship
- homelessness
- family tension
- alcoholism
- crime
- self-esteem
anywayz just so everyone knows this isnt my work i was to lazy to think so i got it from the resource page :)

aditya

HSC
wat about all the graphs? like the phillips cure, the keynesian deflationary gap or wateva, and the wage rate determination ?

and i read that many people get hoooked on the social side, when they shouldnt... u should probably write half a page on social.... except welfare (transfer) payments.. thats improtant

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm there isnt much to write on the social side (unless you havent studied and are desperate in an exam :p)

i would mainly focus on economic factors

i-color

Originally posted by aditya
wat about all the graphs? like the phillips cure, the keynesian deflationary gap or wateva, and the wage rate determination ?

Yeah talk about the phillips curve and how there is a trade off between inflation and unemployment....and in recent years RBA has been relatively good in maintaining inflation between 2-3% without threatening une. In fact, unemployment has fallen to its lowest in a decade or something to about 5.6%. Chuck in recent stats and performance to make your essay more superior.

Wage rate determination you could talk about how unions set wage rates above equilbrium level and how that causes involuntary unemployment due to excess supply of labour. Thus intro of enterprise bargaining has decreased this unemployment etc.....

Talk about how govt objective is internal balance which includes full employment and inflation. However, full employment does not mean zero unemployment, but rather where cyclical unemployment = 0 (ie une rate is as close to NAIRU as possible)

i-color

yeah lol.....i am a girl......LOL
what makes u all thnk that i'm a guy?????

i-color

yeah i reckon.......havent ranted on about this patriarchal society for awhile.....in fact since extension english last year. hahaha. this male dominated society yadi yada......

all i hear is blah blah
Originally posted by i-color
so then i added the flour to the bowl and accidentally spilt my tea. however i couldn't work the sponge so I called up Micheal who drove 2 hours to come and work the sponge for me. then i needed to drive to the store to pick up bread but micheal didn't think it was safe so i stayed home and cooked some instead!

aditya

HSC
lol... i knew that *shifty eyes*

wow....

hahaha

i dno y i thought that... i just assumed.. sorry if ive offended u :$

btw do u have any essays on unemployment /inflation that u might be willing to pass on to me?

i-color

mm i do but they're hand written......so i dunno how i can put them online without having to type it all out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)