• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Help!! Tips on reducing pressure in exams! (1 Viewer)

jayjays6

HSC
Well when I'm under pressure i don't perform to my potential.
please give me some tips on reducing pressure during exams

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Many years ago when I did my HSC, I used to some of the follow techniques and you can utilise it accordingly:

1. Breathe slowly. Yes, inhale and exhale nice and slowly. It tends to calm your mind.
2. Don't drink caffeine.
3. Make sure you feel prepared. If you aren't really prepared, at least think you really are.
4. Avoid talking to people before the exam.*
5. Move onto the next question if the question is taking too long and only provides a few marks.

*Some people tend to feel nervous if they talk about the possibilities of the content that will be examined prior to the actual start of the exam.

madharris

HSC
N/A
1. Breathe slowly. Yes, inhale and exhale nice and slowly. It tends to calm your mind.
Honestly, this is the best advice.
When you're stressed, you forget to breathe (true story).
So take a deep breath if you feel yourself getting stressed and you can literally feel the oxygen flowing into your brain :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Two simple piece of advice I can give you are:
1)Make sure you have a FUNCTIONAL WATCH and all required exam equipment, and mentally calculate how long you have to spend on each question, and stick to that time limit, do not spend too long on any single question.

2)Make sure you have replicated exam condition before the exam and practiced under such conditions as well as getting someone-i.e. your teacher or tutor to mark your responses for you. Getting used to working under timed pressure will increase your chance of improving your performance under exam pressure.

One extra tip is to really focus on recognising that exams are not meant to trick students, they are designed primarily to test student's knowledge, so they will always test what you have already learnt, so just always consider how does the content you have learnt applied to the exam and just do your best. At the end of the day, remember you won't be the only one with these exam nerves, with practice, you will learn to manage it well and perform your best in exams. Hope this helps and all my best wishes for you to ace your studies this year:)

enoilgam

HSC
Well when I'm under pressure i don't perform to my potential.
please give me some tips on reducing pressure during exams
Do you feel prepared for your exams? Usually, when it comes to exams, a vast majority of the pressure which people feel is related to a lack of confidence in their knowledge and abilities. Being prepared and feeling in control usually lowers your stress levels considerably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)