• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need help please, studying preparing and doing the best ? (1 Viewer)

nicko21

HSC
Hey guys
well, im kinda struggling to get my self into a good rhythm and study pattern for the hsc
im currently getting high 70's and low 80's but i wanna get as high as possible
the subjects im doing are

Modern history :)
Drama
General Maths
Standard English
2 unit SOR
Business studies

Does anyone have any tips on writing notes, studying ? any patterns, or thing i can do which can help me ?
even if its for one of these subjects, just ways i can do my best and all. doing the best in assignments or exams ? tips like that.

would be much appreciated guys. thanx heaps !

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Make study notes as per the syllabus dot points for Business and Modern at the end of each week. Then you you should be able to start trying some past exam papers.

Maths is something that you pretty much need to do a bit of every night, and then just focus on completing as many past exam papers before assessments/exams.

English would be more handing in drafts to your teacher and getting feedback, along with trying to adapt your thesis from the various modules to different questions.

Good luck :)

nicko21

HSC
your a deadset legend !
thank you so much :)

ill work on it !

andrew3

HSC
Although I do advanced i recommend each week keep constructing paragraphs (ie Sexy- state evidence explain and why/linking to idea). This really takes off the stress when it comes to assessments and exams. Because you can either use or at least adapt these for your essays. So a) you won't be required to think of a new idea in response to an unseen essay question in an exam and b) is also good practice in connecting ideas which you'll need for other sections of texts.
Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)