• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help choosing where to study (I live in California) (2 Viewers)

ioniser

HSC
dirtybeatles said:
The Australian National University, Canberra
Flinders University, Adelaide
La Trobe University, Melbourne
Monash University, Melbourne
The University of Adelaide
The University of Melbourne

The University of New South Wales, Sydney
The University of Queensland, Brisbane
The University of Sydney

University of Tasmania, Hobart
The University of Western Australia, Perth
University of Wollongong
I d say go to university of sydney it has that atmosphere your ivy league unis have,you could live in a house or apartment up to you.Also your course no matter which uni you go to will mostly consist of australians so it wouldnt make much of a difference which ever uni you go to.

But if you want the full aussie uni go to wollongong,there arent as many international students compared with the main 3 unis in the city of sydney,yeah the downside is thatits not close to city but they do have heaps of those parties you are after,the school based house parties.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
dirtybeatles said:
These are all my options (I am sad that Mac isn't on there, as that was my first choice):

The Australian National University, Canberra
Flinders University, Adelaide
La Trobe University, Melbourne
Monash University, Melbourne
The University of Adelaide
The University of Melbourne

The University of New South Wales, Sydney
The University of Queensland, Brisbane
The University of Sydney

University of Tasmania, Hobart
The University of Western Australia, Perth
University of Wollongong

I bolded the ones I am considering most, but I am open to anything.
Of the ones you've listed, I'd probably reccomend University of Wollongong (UOW) because it apparently has an excellent writing program as well as a nice campus, probably cheaper to live at than the ones nearer the metro - bit isolated from the sydney night life though.

University of New South Wales (UNSW) would probably be a good choice too, as its close to the city and they do have some creative writing subjects for second year students - you might dislike that they have rather large amounts of international students though.

Given what you've said, I'd probably stay away from La Trobe as its a 'regional' university and so is probably way more isolated than UOW.

Its also too bad that University of Technology, Sydney(UTS) isn't on your list - its literally in the heart of the city and its night life, has a great creative writing program, less than 5 mins walk from the train station and so on.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
^huh? annie, saintmichael already goes to maq

yeh for the thread-starter, sucks that macquarie isnt available, since we're the best uni and all :p

umm i think go for sydney uni, it'll fulfill all your social needs, i dunno about creative writing stuff though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)