• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need a catchy title for my major work plz (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok so i am researching the Aztecs right now, and i decided to focus on la malinche otherwise known as dona marina who was a girl who helped herman cortez conquer the aztecs

but thats not important, what is important is that hiistorians have two different views on her, that she was bad and detrimental in that she helped the spanish conquer mexico, or that she was a hero for saving so many lives by hellping the spanish conquer the aztecs with relatively few deaths.

so sort of seen as a traitor or a hero, i need a catchy title that ryhmes like " Dona Marina- hero or traitor" except thats a bad example cause hero and traitor dont rhyme or sound catchy or good in anyway

any help appreciated thankyou

Abbeygale

HSC
Why do you feel you need a title that rhymes? Does your teacher want you to have a catchy title?

I just had a flick through the 2004 HTA prize winners, and they don't have catchy titles. They don't seem to have titles at all- just the question, and straight into the essay.

I mean, if you can think of a catchy title then use it, but why would you take up precious time trying to come up with something you don't really need? " Dona Marina- hero or traitor" seems fine.

X

xeuyrawp

Don't make one that rhymes. I made one for my friend who did Andy Warhol-

"Andy Warhol, souperstar" , but I thought it was tacky, so I came up with "Andy Warhol, soup-can Genius" :) It was different for hers, because hers was about pop-culture, and a cool title seemed appropriate. Mine was just titled "Solar symbology and the deification of the Sun" from memory... I was gunna call it "Worshipping with your sunnies on" :D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hero or traitor sounds shit, i need other words, ok maybe not something ryhming but something that sounds inteligent with big words... a word i came accross was harlot, but i dont know if it applys

X

xeuyrawp

Serius said:
hero or traitor sounds shit, i need other words, ok maybe not something ryhming but something that sounds inteligent with big words... a word i came accross was harlot, but i dont know if it applys
No, harlot would be inappropriate. It's the formal term for a whore.

What about "Dona Marina: Venerate or Villainise?"

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
where can u read the 2004 HTA ones?
my teacher forgot to enter mine..which sucked :(

Abbeygale

HSC
I don't know where to get them from- my teacher is very fond of handing out examplar essays, so she photocopied them for us.

I have a deep seated hatred for alliteration, so I can't give an unbiased answer, but PwarYeux's suggestion seems pretty good.

X

xeuyrawp

Abbeygale said:
I have a deep seated hatred for alliteration, so I can't give an unbiased answer, but PwarYeux's suggestion seems pretty good.
Thankyou. I wouldn't like it if it didn't make good sense, but it's cool.

veridis

droog
HSC
PwarYuex said:
And howcome noone commented on my proposed title?
they're all still searching through their dictionaries

dont like the use of verbs, would prefer nouns. think both words imply that they are being viewed in a certain way and not seen for what they really are so would prefer words with less of an emotive/bias aspect to em but it does sound good i'll admit

X

xeuyrawp

veridis said:
they're all still searching through their dictionaries

dont like the use of verbs, would prefer nouns. think both words imply that they are being viewed in a certain way and not seen for what they really are so would prefer words with less of an emotive/bias aspect to em but it does sound good i'll admit
I'd say go for verbs- in Ext History, nobody is anything definite; everybody is percieved differently. The very extreme words express the extreme views, although I'm probably not the bes tperson to qualify this since I havent studied her.

If I think of some good nouns, I'll let you know.

veridis

droog
HSC
i guess they could be representing peoples extreme views but i still feel that by using htem you are implying that in you essay you will end up validating one of those views, something to be avoided IMO. that might just be me though
still its a very nice title

HayleeKate

HSC
you dont have to present a view of her, I'm also doing aztec conquest, and have done alot of reading about malinche.. what about just something like
Malinche:el personaje ausente siempre presente (the absent figure always present [in mexican history]) its a quote from Roamaria Zuniga, famous anthropologist, I'm assuming youve got Malinche's Conquest by anna lanyon.. if you dont, you NEED it. its on page 4 of that anyway.

HSC
Serius said:
ok so i am researching the Aztecs right now, and i decided to focus on la malinche otherwise known as dona marina who was a girl who helped herman cortez conquer the aztecs

but thats not important, what is important is that hiistorians have two different views on her, that she was bad and detrimental in that she helped the spanish conquer mexico, or that she was a hero for saving so many lives by hellping the spanish conquer the aztecs with relatively few deaths.

so sort of seen as a traitor or a hero, i need a catchy title that ryhmes like " Dona Marina- hero or traitor" except thats a bad example cause hero and traitor dont rhyme or sound catchy or good in anyway

any help appreciated thankyou
HOw about:

Dona bela - bad and detrimental or hero for saving so many lives by hellping the spanish conquer the aztecs with relatively few deaths?

I see bold typset, in the middle of a red page, with the aztec pyramid thing and blood coming down from a sacrifice.

OR you could just forget about the title and do something else. Titles arent important unless your getting published. Do you really think the teachers gonna say 'woh, catchy title! I dont need to see the rest - FIRST PRIZE". ?

X

xeuyrawp

oskarthestudent said:
HOw about:

Dona bela - bad and detrimental or hero for saving so many lives by hellping the spanish conquer the aztecs with relatively few deaths?

I see bold typset, in the middle of a red page, with the aztec pyramid thing and blood coming down from a sacrifice.

OR you could just forget about the title and do something else. Titles arent important unless your getting published. Do you really think the teachers gonna say 'woh, catchy title! I dont need to see the rest - FIRST PRIZE". ?
It's called impression, mate. If you think that your handwriting, your indenting in an exam, having a good MW title, etc, doesn't make a difference, you're wrong.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Hey! I know that Im more than a year late for this thread but I did my HistExt on exactly the same topic! Malinche... it was a great topic to do huh? I did how she was represented and I spent so much time trying to think of a name like "harlot or heroine" but they were all so lame I just gave up and named it "La Chingada" which is Spanish for 'the fucked one' which is what she is called nowadays by some people.
Thats my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)