• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Movie: Hide and Seek (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

HSC
i don't really get it .. i've seen the ending probably >20 times (the one where dakota fanning's in the hospital), and it still doesn't click. no-one else at work gets it either, but none of us actually want to go see the whole movie to find out.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Secret window, a Beautiful mind, This movie....
3 movies with the same concept.

When i saw a Beautiful mind, it was a great twist and it confused me... Secret window & hide & seek i guessed it almost 3 minutes into it. My friends said i must have already seen it...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Taking Lives also has a similar ending. I think it's been a tad bit overdone..

OS

Banned
HSC
OK, I saw the ending with Emily in the psych. hosp. .... I don't get the twist at all... it was scary 'till then, in fact. Was her dad setting up her fantasy of Charlie to be true of was it true and Charlie actaully took over her dad's body and got his revenge on him when he was killed. If the psychologist friend believed the dad was doing all this, why did she hospitalize the girl, since it wasn't all fantasy, she would have thought?? Plz explain. That ending ruined the movie.

Amryllis

HSC
Her dad had a split personality, probably brought on by the shock of seeing his wife cheating on him with another man. The alter-ego was Charlie, who sought to take revenge by killing the wife. Charlie was a nutcase and was doing things to upset the dad (his real persona).

In that particular ending, Emily must have been hospitalised from the trauma of witnessing her father's death (when the psychologist friend shot him in the end to save herself and Emily). Much like why she was hospitalised in the beginning after seeing her mother dead in a bloody bath tub.

OS

Banned
HSC
So it deals deals more with the horrors of mental illness than the horrors of the supernatural..... that just takes the initial chill out, I'm sorry..... I was hoping to see Charlie as some freakish supernatural being.

Amryllis

HSC
Yeah, that's right. I was uber scared for most of the movie coz I thought that the whole Charlie thing was supernatural. As soon as I found out that Charlie was the dad's split personality it wasn't so scary anymore.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Amryllis said:
Yeah, that's right. I was uber scared for most of the movie coz I thought that the whole Charlie thing was supernatural. As soon as I found out that Charlie was the dad's split personality it wasn't so scary anymore.
actually good point..i guess the fact charlie ISN'T some creepy monster thingo or something sorta takes the chill out..but i was still a bit freaked..like..then i didn't know what the dad was capable of..coz he was so deranged..and yeh..i'm weak :p

choc-chip

HSC
why do ppl think hide and seek is crap??!!!

I was pleasantly surprised of the movie over all.The movie was well-crafted and suspenseful with incredible performances from the cast. The ending was mildly disappointing (since i guess the murderer was the girl herself) , but unlike other movies with this ending, it actually had an actually thrilling climax right after the "predictable" plot twist. There were several plot twists before the end that threw me off track so we could enjoy the suspense instead of dreading an obvious twist.
Some people bash this movie just because they are fixated on one part of it. Tell me why do u think it's crap!!??why why why!???!!

raven1

HSC
hmm, i didnt mind it the movie but i found it a little boring. Both Dakota Fanning and Rob De Niero did good jobs.

IMDB gave this film 5.2/10

Here is a link http://imdb.com/title/tt0382077/#comment

You can also read other ppls comments and why they liked or disliked this movie

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
choc-chip said:
I was pleasantly surprised of the movie over all.The movie was well-crafted and suspenseful with incredible performances from the cast. The ending was mildly disappointing (since i guess the murderer was the girl herself) , but unlike other movies with this ending, it actually had an actually thrilling climax right after the "predictable" plot twist. There were several plot twists before the end that threw me off track so we could enjoy the suspense instead of dreading an obvious twist.
Some people bash this movie just because they are fixated on one part of it. Tell me why do u think it's crap!!??why why why!???!!
shit i thought hide and seek was that movie with jennifer tilly and dayrl hannah? wtf?

Napstar

Banned
HSC
i was to busy kissing my bf! kekeke

it was scary though :( i had 2 close my eyes

SipSip

HSC
N/A
All your opinions are valid in some sense, except for the pathetic storyline one, for u sir, you have no appreciation for movies at all.

To be honest, Hide and Seek wasn't the celebrity overload that you will find in some movies like constantine (crap movie...serious...just too much weirdness)

Anyway, I think Hide and Seek surrounds more about the idea of how psychology does have some importance. And the twist in my opinion is quite dramatic with me going "ooohh i should've noticed" which is always nice to know in a movie.

Acting was good especially with Robert DeNiero (however the heck you spell that), and although not academy award worthy...the acting of the little girl is quite astounding and hunting.

For a person who enjoys playing and knowing about the personality and thinking behind people's action, i reckon hide and seek did very well in that sense.

Movie is what i would say very successful.

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
SipSip said:
like constantine (crap movie...serious...just too much weirdness)
I liked that movie *cries*

It seems i always seem to like alot of movies that others hate with a passion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)