• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Motivation ?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
And even though you guys are motivating me , and making me feel better about myself (thx guys) , no one has said how they motivate their self.
Is it literally having to go to UWS or UOW ?

gurmies

Drover
HSC
whats UOW?
Point proven.

Just don't get overwhelmed. Fit a bit of study into every day - it won't hurt. Understand that the stuff that occurs this year is only temporary. It's certainly worth putting a little bit of extra time into studies NOW than putting in all your time into sulking and being bitter later.

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Point proven.

Just don't get overwhelmed. Fit a bit of study into every day - it won't hurt. Understand that the stuff that occurs this year is only temporary. It's certainly worth putting a little bit of extra time into studies NOW than putting in all your time into sulking and being bitter later.
gurmies are you a first year? give me a name if you are :p

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
There should be a thread on all the bad stuff that'll happen to you if you fail your HSC. And then they should sticky it. That'd motivate me.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, you have officially beaten me in the "living really long way from Syd" stakes...congrats!

But if there's a course you want to do enough, that should motivate you. Even more so, if you want to do it a particular uni.

P.S I think UOW and UWS are payed out a bit too much here. Not like it's La Trobe Shepparton!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
oh. lol. that wuld be pretty bad. you'd have to do pretty bad to not get into UNSW, considering they just hand out bonus points for most courses
I won't get into UNSW... :/
I'm going to UWS... If I get in their... :/

Well any sydney uni would be a bonus to get into so i dnt see that as a bad thing... i live like 10 hours away from Sydney tho
Move. No one likes the country anyway.

Yes but i also said theres not much competition which there isnt , im not even getting in the 80's :(
Pick a course you want to do. Look at last year's cut-off ATAR. Add 2 points. Aim for that.
Aim for 90 raw marks in HSC exams. If you get this you will go exceedingly well considering you have no one dragging your marks down. From here on out you determine how well you go. So pull some extra manpower out of your ass and bend the HSC over a table and make it your bitch.

But if there's a course you want to do enough, that should motivate you. Even more so, if you want to do it a particular uni.
P.S I think UOW and UWS are payed out a bit too much here. Not like it's La Trobe Shepparton!
UoW is pretty bad though... They accept any 2 units of English as a prerequisite into Laws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)