• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mid-Year transfer??? (1 Viewer)

ample

HSC
Has anyone succesfully transfered during the middle of the year for another course?
Did anyone apply internally to UWS or through UAC?
Im doing B Arts but want to transfer to BA/Master of Primary Teaching.
What are my chances?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Has anyone succesfully transfered during the middle of the year for another course?
Did anyone apply internally to UWS or through UAC?
Im doing B Arts but want to transfer to BA/Master of Primary Teaching.
What are my chances?
read up on UWS.

it'd be easier to transfer internally than through UAC

dude01

HSC
read up on UWS.

it'd be easier to transfer internally than through UAC
There's no such thing as internal trsnfer at uws anymore. Back in the day if you had a gpa above 5 you could transfer to ANY course you wanted... you will have to reapply through uac mid year.

manavji

HSC
N/A
UWS transfers are very easy. Even with a pass average you can transfer from one degree to another. Even if you wish to do law.. all you need is a credit overall GPA in your current degree, Not hard at all.

Bibster

HSC
What about transferring to a different course in a different uni? Can that be done in mid-year or after 1 year?

manavji

HSC
N/A
What about transferring to a different course in a different uni? Can that be done in mid-year or after 1 year?
I dont think its possible to transfer to another university Mid year.

This is because VERY limited courses are offered mid year. All the main courses are offered at the end of the year.

I transfered to Macquarie this year, was at UWS last year doing B Commerce. Its not that hard to transfer to another uni if you focus on studies at achieve decent grades.

Try to keep a GPA of 5.0 or somewhere around that and dont fail any unit in your first year, and you should be fine to transfer to macquarie or UTS. To Transfer into USYD/UNSW, your looking at close to 6.0 GPA at uws.

Goodluck.

dude01

HSC
You can transfer mid year to another uni, but uac will only use your atar.

After 1yr fulltime study uac will use a combination of your gpa and atar, or just your gpa (depending on the uni and course you want to transfer into). If you get a gpa above 5 you have a great chance of transferring, but a gpa of 6 will almost make it certain.

Macquarie uni lets people from uws in even with low gpas (i.e. in the 4's) so I'd try there if you really want to get out of uws.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)