• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Media gone too far? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I know, but she's more likely to take note if she explores the topic on her own (I'm also too lazy to create a proper response :p).

Edit: Hahaha sorry, Ziff.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Ziff said:
That's called economic progress. The sign of a good economy thanks to Labor and Liberal governments allows them to engage in large scale projects such as diverting water. Do you even know how dam systems work? You take the water from where it is to where it's needed. Not a hard concept to grasp.

On the other hand, it might be for you. Using our tax dollars for your own tawdry benefit. Diesel fuel subsidies and drought assistance both MONETARY are creating inequality and robbing us hard working and educated city people.

Just some statistics though:
Tully is from Tullamore.
Twistedd is from Bega.
Thorrny is from Port Macquarie.

What does this tell us? They are all from rural areas. No wonder they are arguing the line that they should keep their benefits and at the same time the benefits should be taken from Aboriginals for the sake of "equality". Who stands to gain more money from such an expedition? THE RURAL PEOPLE! If there's more money to go around, they might be able to some how scab more from the Federal and State governments so they can continue to hoard their money around and not work like the majority of people.

Taking money from the Aboriginals isn't going to get you increased diesel subsidy funds. Clearly, your arguments are operating out of economic selfishness only.
I'm from Pambula, actually. Bega is more noteable though, so i just use it. Plus i go to school in Bega.
We have these attitudes because we're NOT treated well by aborinigines down here. Not only are they shit to us, but they demean themselves with their behaviour. Its like a little Arab-Israel conflict... without the guns and the radical ideals.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
I'm from Pambula, actually. Bega is more noteable though, so i just use it. Plus i go to school in Bega.
We have these attitudes because we're NOT treated well by aborinigines down here. Not only are they shit to us, but they demean themselves with their behaviour. Its like a little Arab-Israel conflict... without the guns and the radical ideals.
Yes, aboriginals here go out on "walks" of the local area, and then, they beat any "white fella" who looks at them funny.

I know a few great Aboriginal people, theres a fair few in our school, but, there are also heaps who break the law and have no regard for property or the safety of others.

Put it this way, when we went to the local court for legal studies we found that the Aboriginals have a legal aid lawyer all to themselves, he spoke nearly every case.

K

katie_tully

Yes but that's because it's all our fault they're like that Thorny... geez, get with the programme! =\

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
Yeh I know, we have same problem here.
Asq and ziff live in the city, there are more highly educated ATSI there, in regional aus we have drunks and ppl who bash you if you look like you're mouthing an insult
But look at it this way, they're like that because of what whiteys did to them.

K

katie_tully

Nobody did anything to the young society of Aboriginals, theyve had as much opportunities as we have. Sure, if they were older and had experienced the extreme prejudices, I would understand, but when I see people born in the late 70's-80's using what "white people" did as an excuse, it doesnt work.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Nobody did anything to the young society of Aboriginals, theyve had as much opportunities as we have. Sure, if they were older and had experienced the extreme prejudices, I would understand, but when I see people born in the late 70's-80's using what "white people" did as an excuse, it doesnt work.
But what happened 216 years ago is a direct factor as to why the young, 17 year old, ATSI population has suffered so much.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
katie_tully said:
for once I agree with tully...so many ppl use that excuse...i mean they could just do what migrants did. we came here with nothing, we worked hard, we don't complain. - OK that's not entirely true, but in comparison to ATSI migrants are generally a well behaved bunch.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
for once I agree with tully...so many ppl use that excuse...i mean they could just do what migrants did. we came here with nothing, we worked hard, we don't complain. - OK that's not entirely true, but in comparison to ATSI migrants are generally a well behaved bunch.
I agree with that.

In the words on con the fruiterers wife:
"I no complain"

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
cherryblossom said:
sorry I just wanted to clarify myself, i don't have anything against ATSI and I'm aware of the disadvantages they face but really...that is the situation here, it's not so bad at our school but at another school at the other end of town *shudders*

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
katie_tully you seem to emphasise "equality" in many of your arguments.
Well if I was such a fucking whiner I would say
"oh BOS, why do rural students get Rural access schemes..SOOOO unfair!"
"stupid universities! why are there scholarships for rural students and not for city students boo hoo!"
"oh noooo! why do medical schools take on rural students whose UAIs are soo much lower than mine!!!"
disadvantaged, well come take a look at some of the schools in Sydney's west and realize how lucky you are, and how UNFAIR those PRIVELIGES seem.

disclaimer: I fully support those country students who ARE talented and have no intentions in denigrating you.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

shazzam said:
katie_tully you seem to emphasise "equality" in many of your arguments.
Well if I was such a fucking whiner I would say
"oh BOS, why do rural students get Rural access schemes..SOOOO unfair!"
"stupid universities! why are there scholarships for rural students and not for city students boo hoo!"
"oh noooo! why do medical schools take on rural students whose UAIs are soo much lower than mine!!!"
disadvantaged, well come take a look at some of the schools in Sydney's west and realize how lucky you are, and how UNFAIR those PRIVELIGES seem.

disclaimer: I fully support those country students who ARE talented and have no intentions in denigrating you.
Congratulations. You're a fuckhead. Here's your prize, a certified smack in the head.

1. Do your research and find out exactly how many people rural access schemes benfit.
Do you know who these schemes benefit? ABORIGINALS.
2. The scholarships also apply to city people who are willing to practice medicine in rural areas for up to three years after their graduation.

Unfair privileges? What the fuck have schools got to do with what you just mentioned? Fuck all dipshit, have a whinge to the state government about funding government schools before you talk shit. Come and see some of our schools, theyre just as bad as some of yours.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
sigh
don't think i'll bother. Oh what the heck...
I don't go to a poor government school, and I've seen some poor country schools, I'm just stressing that these institutitions are equal in terms of need.
I'm not an indigenous Australian, and my parents and I pay a lot of taxes, but I don't see the point in being so anal towards indigenous peoples just because 2% of my taxes are going towards them. If anything I'd be a bit pissed at the 8% that's being used to support non-indigenous bums/slobs who have been living off my money since their parents left them with nothing but the house given to them by the housing commision.
So Tully, you're probably not a bad person, you just need to realize that life is unfair, and that if all was well and good for you it would be bad for someone else. Also be careful with the army/hate crime plans, you don't want to be the next Lyndie England.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
fuck you're a cockhead, shazzam.
So he's not only cold towards indigenous peoples, but prejudiced against disabled people as well. I don't think I need to argue to win this argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)