• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Media gone too far? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
'I love it how we (australians) make a stand on both equality of opportunity and affirmative action (postive discrimination?) simultaneously.'

Twsited, surely you cannot believe that affirmative action is not required within our male, middle class, anglo-saxon dominated society?

Last edited:

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
to everyone on their own merits regardless of race, sex, sexuality or religion.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
to everyone on their own merits regardless of race, sex, sexuality or religion.
all well and good - providing everyone's potential is developed fully and recognised to be so. however, the problem is that this is not the case, and groups that have historically been disadvantaged or discriminated against, and this needs to be counter balanced for a time to rectify that - to prove as it were, that all women/aboriginals/asians/gays are not hopeless and to create a more level playing field by breaking old social/economic/educational barriers.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
I love it how we (australians) make a stand on both equality of opportunity and affirmative action (postive discrimination?) simultaneously.

the point that Not-that-bright is trying to make is that ATSI peoples have access to facilities, institutions and benefits that 'normal' Australians do not.

NSW has the ADA (1977) and the Commonwealth has the RHA (1995) to protect against discrimination and due to the existance of these acts, and such bodies as the HREOC (CTH) and Anti-Discrimination Tribunal (NSW), I do not think that ATSI people should get the benefits they have as i think it only widens the social divide... even though it may combat the economic divide.

i think that social attitudes should be attacked such that ATSI people and other portions of the Australian community can live together sans tension, sans hatred.
You do realise that the HREOC has no legally binding powers right?

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
true, but is an avenue.
its also part of a process.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
offer my condolences for her mistreatment and wish her all the best for the future.
She was put in jail because she did something ILLEGAL, do your research and get your facts right before you start to argue for some idiot who is almost as stupid as you

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
No offense if you actually are intellectually challenged. Don't want to be discrimanatory here do I?

K

katie_tully

I won't get started on the injustices to the poor, poor hard done by Indigenous peoples of Australia... Instead I'll just simmer and imagine myself bludgeoning you fuckwits with a shovel.

"We now have a situation where a type of reverse racism is applied to mainstream Australians by those who promote political correctness and those who control the various taxpayer funded `industries' that flourish in our society servicing Aboriginals, multiculturalists and a host of other minority groups. In response to my call for equality for all Australians, the most noisy criticism came from the fat cats, bureaucrats and the do- gooders. They screamed the loudest because they stand to lose the most--their power, money and position, all funded by ordinary Australian taxpayers."

A - fucking - men.
Non indigenous tax payers are funding benefits for ABORIGINALS that NON aborignals cannot access. Infact, aboriginals get 8% MORE in funding for health than non aboriginal australians, and they represent less than 2% of the population.
I don't see anything racist about that, especially the word EQUALITY. Oh fuck me. Equality suddenly equates to racism?
Move your head from your fucking jackasses please.

"Present governments are encouraging separatism in Australia by providing opportunities, land, moneys and facilities available only to Aboriginals. Along with millions of Australians, I am fed up to the back teeth with the inequalities that are being promoted by the government and paid for by the taxpayer under the assumption that Aboriginals are the most disadvantaged people in Australia. I do not believe that the colour of one's skin determines whether you are disadvantaged"

Ahh. See. Apparently skin colour does. Because if you're darker than somebody else, it automatically means you're less well off. Go on and ask any Aborignal, they'll tell you.

"Hasluck's vision was of a single society in which racial emphases were rejected and social issues addressed. I totally agree with him, and so would the majority of Australians."
That's one you little bleeding heart shit heads can't refute, because HANSON HELD THE MAJORITY OF SEATS! Bah ha ha. If Howard and Beazley didn't collaborate when it came to preferences, SHE would have been the next Prime Minister. Just because you and your tofu eating hippie friends wouldn't vote for her, doesn't mean everybody is as stupid.

" I have done research on benefits available only to Aboriginals and challenge anyone to tell me how Aboriginals are disadvantaged when they can obtain three and five per cent housing loans denied to non-Aboriginals."

I also challenge you.

"I was born here, and so were my parents and children. I will work beside anyone and they will be my equal but I draw the line when told I must pay and continue paying for something that happened over 200 years ago. Like most Australians, I worked for my land; no-one gave it to me."

I have a story about a farmer down the road who lost a shit load of land because "apparently" there "may" be Aboriginal paintings and shit on it. My parents have paid over $500,000 for their farm, yet the "aboriginals" who look quite white got their farm for FREE. Why? Because um.. they can?

"Reconciliation is everyone recognising and treating each other as equals, and everyone must be responsible for their own actions."
Isn't that a hard concept to grasp......... YEAH, IF YOU'RE A MORON HIPPY MAYBE.

" Anyone with a criminal record can, and does, hold a position with ATSIC. I cannot hold my position as a politician if I have a criminal record--once again, two sets of rules"
*scratches her arse*. I won't add to that, I'll be here all day.

"To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag."
I disagree with the flag thing. Let them have their own flag, I like seeing it scribbled on every park bench and public toilet I sit my tush on.

"In this financial year we will be spending at least $1.5 billion on foreign aid and we cannot be sure that this money will be properly spent, as corruption and mismanagement in many of the recipient countries are legend. Australia must review its membership and funding of the UN, as it is a little like ATSIC on a grander scale, with huge tax-free American dollar salaries, duty-free luxury cars and diplomatic status."

Yeah, thats because we haven't put all the bleeding heart liberals on a desert Island yet.

"Abolishing the policy of multiculturalism will save billions of dollars and allow those from ethnic backgrounds to join mainstream Australia, paving the way to a strong, united country. Immigration must be halted in the short-term so that our dole queues are not added to by, in many cases, unskilled migrants not fluent in the English language."

What she's saying there, knob jockeys, is that we need more SKILLED migrants coming into the country. Coming from a family of Italian migrants, I DO have a leg to stand on when I speak about this issue. She has never once stated that we shouldn't let anybody into the country.

"I must stress at this stage that I do not consider those people from ethnic backgrounds currently living in Australia anything but first-class citizens, provided of course that they give this country their full, undivided loyalty."
Meaning those scum who are living in Australia, yet support terrorism because they are Islamic should be lined up and shot. Meaning, if Indonesia had invaded us in 1999, would Indonesians living in Australia fight for us, or would they fight for Indonesia?.

"Therefore I call for the introduction of national service for a period of 12 months, compulsory for males and females upon finishing year 12 or reaching 18 years of age. This could be a civil service with a touch of military training, because I do not feel we can go on living in a dream world forever and a day believing that war will never touch our lives again."

I've signed up for the Army Reserves, because I wan't an opportunity to shoot whoever fucks with MY country. Comprende?

K

katie_tully

shazzam said:
She was put in jail because she did something ILLEGAL, do your research and get your facts right before you start to argue for some idiot who is almost as stupid as you
This is where I love morons.
Perhaps you'd like to RE RESEARCH the topic, and you'll find out what really happened.

By the way, she got out. Guilty criminals don't usually win appeals, so bite me.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
mervvyn said:
just out of curiousity, what is australian culture? is a uniform thing that is easy to embrace? or is it diverse and enhanced by the differences within it?

personally, immigrants can embrace whatever they want for a culture, including their own, providing they can speak english, obey the law and contribute to the country - just like everyone is supposed to.

Not all of them speak English though.

And by the way, it's interesting that politicians from the major parties, and most other parties, get away with worse misdemeanours than her...

K

katie_tully

I'm from the country therefore I'm a minority group, therefore treat me like shit? I wasn't aware that location had anything to do with this ...

Kudos. You must have gotten your brain from a cereal box too..
HEY LOOK MUM, FREEBIE!

Yeah. I'd nearly take that seriously, if it weren't for the fact PAULINE HANSON HAD MORE VOTES, hence THE MAJORITY OF AUSTRALIAN VOTERS SUPPORTED HER... That sort of means you're spill on me being from the country and therefore not representing what a majority of Australians think has nothing to do with this.

K

katie_tully

Asquithian said:
no help to the minority the country of people

1. Cut off all country peoples water

2. Do not provide then will country scholarships and such

3. Do not provide decent communications to them...they can survive on dail up...

4. No hospitials...

5. Dont fund country high schools...

6. Put down country children because they people are so disadvantaged that they are a blight on a community

or we could employ a bit of affirmative action to ensure your minority lives
1. You dont supply us with water, we have our own water supply.
2. Good O. Cut off the Aboriginal scholarships while we at it.
3. You don't provide decent communications, so what would it matter? If you live more than 5 km from the centre you can't get broadband anyway. Doesn't worry me.
4. No hospitals? Now you're just acting like a complete tool.
5. Country schools are government schools, therefore they will be funded.
6. Put down city people, they're a blight not just on the community but the entire world.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

katie_tully

Odd. You're taking out a personal attack on location... Why? I thought this was a Pauline Hanson is a racist bitch debate...
THEREFORE.. I win by default, and you can just go and sniff some carbon monoxide and flatten some more brain cells.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh...Katie. From the moment I joined this site I loved reading your posts. There so funny, and true.

And to those that said Pauline commited a crime, I think you'll find that the State of Queensland and the Commonwealth beg to differ.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think we should strip the minority farmers from their drought assistance and other subsidies the Federal government gives them e.g. the discounts on diesel fuel whilst we're at it...

A new perspective on the speech?

"Present governments are encouraging separatism in Australia by providing opportunities, land, moneys and facilities available only to farmers. Along with millions of Australians, I am fed up to the back teeth with the inequalities that are being promoted by the government and paid for by the taxpayer under the assumption that farmers are the most disadvantaged people in Australia. I do not believe that the colour of one's neck determines whether you are disadvantaged"

"I have done research on benefits available only to farmers and challenge anyone to tell me how farmers are disadvantaged when they can obtain drought assistance and discounts on diesel fuel denied to those living in the cities."

"Abolishing the policy of protectionism will save billions of dollars and allow those from rural backgrounds to join mainstream Australia, paving the way to a strong, united country. The urban-rural divide must be halted in the short-term so that our dole queues are not added to by, in many cases, unskilled farmers not familiar with empathy, literacy and computerised equipment."

"Therefore I call for the introduction of national and free tertiary education for a period of 3 years, compulsory for males and females upon finishing year 12 or reaching 18 years of age."

K

katie_tully

Yes...
We don't need hospitals.. We can just go to Sydney hospitals where we wait 7 hours or assistance... And then die from some disease anyway.
Way to go, city represents the majority of people and it's still up to shit, see if I care...
Hah. Like we get funding. The only funding we get out here is supplying the aboriginal communities with free syringes so they dont share.

And yeah, don't assist the farmers with drought. I don't know where city people think food comes from...
OH I KNOW IT GET'S MADE IN THE FACTORY! Yaaay!!! Genetically modified food.
*shrugs*
Do you think your water supply in Sydney is going to last forever, or do they make water in the factory along with meat? When it does, do you think you're going to get assistance for being fucktards with no respect for the environment or unsustainable resources...

You don't know how fucked up your argument is. The debate is equality, giving everybody in this country equal benefits. Abolishing minority groups and becoming "one nation". Thats the entire fucking argument you tools. Haha. I cant believe that was the best you could come up with.

Go suck on an exhaust pipe and be done with it...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Yes...
We don't need hospitals.. We can just go to Sydney hospitals where we wait 7 hours or assistance... And then die from some disease anyway.
Way to go, city represents the majority of people and it's still up to shit, see if I care...
Hah. Like we get funding. The only funding we get out here is supplying the aboriginal communities with free syringes so they dont share.

And yeah, don't assist the farmers with drought. I don't know where city people think food comes from...
OH I KNOW IT GET'S MADE IN THE FACTORY! Yaaay!!! Genetically modified food.
*shrugs*
Do you think your water supply in Sydney is going to last forever, or do they make water in the factory along with meat? When it does, do you think you're going to get assistance for being fucktards with no respect for the environment or unsustainable resources...

You don't know how fucked up your argument is. The debate is equality, giving everybody in this country equal benefits. Abolishing minority groups and becoming "one nation". Thats the entire fucking argument you tools. Haha. I cant believe that was the best you could come up with.

Go suck on an exhaust pipe and be done with it...
Ah...I'm so happy your back.

Asquithian just seems to like the idea of having minority groups because then he gets to have some sort of power over someone.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
i'm afraid of posting.

i dont like the way that thorrnydevil cannot resist siding with me. it brings me down :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)