• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

med science vs health science(master of nursing) (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
Skeeta was right when she said B Health Science is much less full on..I think this term we have about 12 hrs worth of classes, the course is pretty easy and laid back....you dont really need to do much study:p well some people do, it helps to have covered chemistry and biology in high school....

It suggested that any course is a good pathway into graduate med, but i think that the GAMSAT is much harder than the UMAT. and after 3 years in this course to put that much work in the GAMSAT and then even if successful get in and finish medicine seems unrealistic....be prepared for a very different work load!!!

Personally, i find the course quite fun, theres a bit of everything thrown into it...but im thinking on changing into something more practical at the end of the year. I want a more hands on profession, and this course definitely doesnt give you that.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
velox said:
A person with 78 received one. Not sure how they interviewed. ~62+ Should get you an interview (borderline)
Well, it's the top 4 people with the highest interview rank, so it really depends on the cohort. The 2005 cut off I believe was 59. I'm not concerned at all about getting an interview, more as in how to handle the interview.

I suppose I could actually do some studying for science, practice my writing and improve on the reading section next year, but I doubt it's worth it.

nit

HSC
This year's interview at usyd looks to be much tougher though - a panel of 8 interviewers with whom you have to talk about healthcare issues etc seems fairly daunting, especially compared to the silly undergrad interviews like unsw...

Apparently even people with 73 received usyd scholarships last year - that's what an admin guy for our course told us, but I'm not sure if that's absolutely correct. Not sure how they deal with people in our course either - the same guy told us that we could just submit our gamsat marks and if they were high enough we may be able to skip the interview, which would be rather sweet, but that sounds highly unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)