• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mechatronics Engineering (Space) (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
Is the course very hard in terms of mathematical ability required?

doink

Clone
HSC
B Eng/B Law.. Oh god that's fucking classic.

Sorry i just find it funny that you want to do a bachelor of suicide it seems, and with mtrx space as well.

To be more on topic, the maths needed for the mech/elec/software part of mechatronics will not be be very hard (relatively) the maths in the space subjects is challenging but if you band 6 extension 2 maths, which you would need to to do your course of choice then you should be fine.

shaon0

HSC
doink said:
B Eng/B Law.. Oh god that's fucking classic.

Sorry i just find it funny that you want to do a bachelor of suicide it seems, and with mtrx space as well.

To be more on topic, the maths needed for the mech/elec/software part of mechatronics will not be be very hard (relatively) the maths in the space subjects is challenging but if you band 6 extension 2 maths, which you would need to to do your course of choice then you should be fine.
Alright thanks a lot for the advice...bachelor of suicide? your probably right

shaon0

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Why do you want the LLB?
i have always been interested in it and it may open new opportunities for me.
Example when i finish uni if i get the degrees then if there are not great job opportunities in australia for mx space then i may just do law for a while and go into mx space later

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
shaon0 said:
i have always been interested in it and it may open new opportunities for me.
Example when i finish uni if i get the degrees then if there are not great job opportunities in australia for mx space then i may just do law for a while and go into mx space later
Cool, I was just curious coz I don't know much about law. I've never really been into that side of things.

Good to see you have a plan. :)

shaon0

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Cool, I was just curious coz I don't know much about law. I've never really been into that side of things.

Good to see you have a plan. :)
Its better to have a plan now than think up one later.
I only want to do law because i may not get a job as an mx space exngineer for a while (if i get into the degree) and you also have to pay off the CSP lol.

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
Just to clarify you will not get a job in mtrx space in australia for the next 20 years or so, maybe longer if there is no space industry built. You will not get a job for it overseas until you get your Certificate in Engineering which requires at least 5 years experience working as an engineer which means u would have to work in mechatronics which more likely will mean you have to do stevedoring.

shaon0

HSC
doink said:
Just to clarify you will not get a job in mtrx space in australia for the next 20 years or so, maybe longer if there is no space industry built. You will not get a job for it overseas until you get your Certificate in Engineering which requires at least 5 years experience working as an engineer which means u would have to work in mechatronics which more likely will mean you have to do stevedoring.
stevedoring? it is possible to get a job in USA sice Australia and USA are apart of the Washington Accord.

doink

Clone
HSC
It is possible but is it likely? Considering they will also have applicants from the USA applying for jobs in space industry and that is the most sought after engineering jobs there so you are competing with the best of the best like people from MIT and if they have a choice between someone who lives in USA or someone who doesn't who do you think they will choose? That is why you will need your C Eng so you can actually offer them something that the graduates from their country don't.

shaon0

HSC
3unitz said:
keep advanced english for hsc if youre going for law
I don't really like english though. I am really good at it when i apply a small amount of effort to it but it has no skill related part of it. It is only memorising then writing a good essay or creative story thats about it.

shaon0

HSC
doink said:
It is possible but is it likely? Considering they will also have applicants from the USA applying for jobs in space industry and that is the most sought after engineering jobs there so you are competing with the best of the best like people from MIT and if they have a choice between someone who lives in USA or someone who doesn't who do you think they will choose? That is why you will need your C Eng so you can actually offer them something that the graduates from their country don't.
Yeah thats the drawback of Space Engineering. There is not much of a chance of doing it in Australia or overseas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)