• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension exam... sucked (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

cramming for maths never..~~~ nothing to cram for maths.. i already know all the formulae~~ :D:D:D:):)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz. ok. u r so confident at maths. =P. good luck
me getting result tmr. WAHAHAHAHA....

we should make one of those er. yr11 msn list .. like those yr10ones

P

pLuvia

hahah.. nar its ok.. lol...
can't wait to finish my two exams tomoz.. then year 11 is finally over ~~:D:D:D.. i already have your email and like 4 other BoSers ~~ :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz. good luck good luck. =P
me well. i am makin holiday plans now. =D

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
kadlil said:
hahah.. nar its ok.. lol...
can't wait to finish my two exams tomoz.. then year 11 is finally over ~~:D:D:D.. i already have your email and like 4 other BoSers ~~ :p
All I got left is studies of religion :D it'll be easier than Maths 3-Unit... :(

klaw

HSC
mitsui said:
lolz. i reckon skool's teaching method for maths is kinda wrong
coz u learn the new stuffz full on, but receive little revision and homework
but my test turned out alrite. i will post al my tests later when i got it bak

i was late for my test too, caught the wrong train, went all the way to central instead of hornsby,. =P...
well... my class gets NO revision periods, and sometimes we get assessments on stuff that we did in class a year ago... and we don't even mention it in class... and we still do alright... We're getting heaps of practice papers now that the trials are over though

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
yea, there is definitely lack of fundmental practice for maths students
unless u r into maths urself, and willing and able to do (and mark then understand) all the past papers
i found maths courses to be very nerve cracking

klaw

HSC
just go through worked examples... try and do them without looking at the solutions and then if you get stuck, look at their working out... if you still don't get it ask someone...

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
drewgcn said:
Hey guys, you might have had the same exam as me.

Did Q6 have some stuff involving a triangle with an obtuse angle within a circle?
I think you all missed my question...
That or you're ignoring me :p

Either way I'm reiterating it.

Just want to know if I'm actually bad at maths, or just bad at my school, seeing as you guys also thought that paper was hard (and it may have been the common one you sat...).

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
klaw said:
well... my class gets NO revision periods
LOL, for my class we do get revision time but this had consequently made us fall behind schedule since we take up normal class time where we should be learning new things rather than revision. An addition of topic tests slows us down even more. Now we might have a cram a topic (Parabola and Locus) that usually takes 3 weeks to complete, this week. Hopefully the class will touch on that topic since it will be revisited in Year 12 in Parametrics I think.

klaw

HSC
I didn't do the prelim maths paper... but the top mark for prelim 3U this year at my school was 65% I think...

klaw

HSC
Trebla said:
LOL, for my class we do get revision time but this had consequently made us fall behind schedule since we take up normal class time where we should be learning new things rather than revision. An addition of topic tests slows us down even more. Now we might have a cram a topic (Parabola and Locus) that usually takes 3 weeks to complete, this week. Hopefully the class will touch on that topic since it will be revisited in Year 12 in Parametrics I think.
Parabola and locus is basically just co-ordinate geometry with more thinking (diagrams help a lot in this topic)... and parametrics is prelim I think...

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
We have prelim guys who've finished 4U maths via private tutoring already.

So they're getting 98/99 in 3U.

It can be very irritating.

klaw

HSC
drewgcn said:
We have prelim guys who've finished 4U maths via private tutoring already.

So they're getting 98/99 in 3U.

It can be very irritating.
Although it may seem unfair, they did have to put a lot of extra effort to finish 4U maths in prelim... Therefore you could say that they earned it

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Oh, having accelerated the HSC in a subject myself, I'm one of the last to say that accelerating is unfair. They have to do the extra work while everyone else was far more laidback and carefree.

Its only irritating because you walk out of an exam knowing that you've failed, and they'll proudly declare "That was so easy. I got 100%. I finished in half the time and then just checked."

Perhaps I should have said the egotism it brings can be very irritating.

jarrypan

Mr.
HSC
drewgcn said:
Oh, having accelerated the HSC in a subject myself, I'm one of the last to say that accelerating is unfair. They have to do the extra work while everyone else was far more laidback and carefree.

Its only irritating because you walk out of an exam knowing that you've failed, and they'll proudly declare "That was so easy. I got 100%. I finished in half the time and then just checked."

Perhaps I should have said the egotism it brings can be very irritating.
yes, I have the same feeling, I just finished 3u trail(cssa) for HSC, I only scored 80%. Lots of year 12 students had scored over 90%, it is a total sadness for me

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Yes, i understand that feeling when you dont do well and people brag about doing well. But what really annoys me is like when someone asks me what my mark was and i wasn't that good, it was average like 34/60 , he gives the thumbs up and says i passed and then i ask him his mark and he says 50, which is 50/60 and after the lesson he goes on about that he stuffed the test and that he knew all the questions. I wouldnt be complaining about that kind of mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)