• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

math 1131 (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Well... our test seemed to be harder. Much harder than the past tests anyway. I'm curious as to how you fairly scale something which is out of 10...

rama_v

HSC
Dumsum said:
Well... our test seemed to be harder. Much harder than the past tests anyway. I'm curious as to how you fairly scale something which is out of 10...
Did you do the test that was on the blue paper? That seemed much harder than the ones in the back of the algebra book, and also much harder than the other yellow paper. :(

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yes! Blue was heaps harder! Yellow was quite easy. Credit in 1131 here I come :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Yeah I did one on blue paper, version 8b ... it's not the same version for different tutes right?

rama_v

HSC
sikeveo said:
Has anyone done the maple test? When do we need to have done it by?
Yep, its pretty easy. If you can do the practise test, you will be fine. Just be sure to type the answer to the questions, rather than copying them straight from maple. For example I got marked wrong when I copied the correct answer from maple, "-15.680" and pasted it into the test. lol the evaluation said "Student response -15.680 Correct Response -15.680 Marks 0/1" - This occurrs because the '-' sign in maple is different to the normal '-' sign on the keyboard, I think, or something like that. In any case just type the answer :)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
isnt the maple test due in by end of week 7? but i read somewhere it was april 23 also. im confused.

HSC
yeah due by april 23. but it has to be done by the end of week 7, unless theres a way to access maple labs during the easter break.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
cool, a MATH1131 thread!

U can still do Maple from uni (during the break) but there arent any consultants then, but u could probably ask someone else doing maple for help!

Its fairly easy once u get the hang of it, and know all the commands needed to answer the practice test!

Do u guys have Dr. 'Mars bar' for calculus? (i.e Hirschhorn)

rama_v

HSC
physician said:
cool, a MATH1131 thread!

U can still do Maple from uni (during the break) but there arent any consultants then, but u could probably ask someone else doing maple for help!

Its fairly easy once u get the hang of it, and know all the commands needed to answer the practice test!

Do u guys have Dr. 'Mars bar' for calculus? (i.e Hirschhorn)
Yeah I do. hahaha sometimes he treats us like 8 year olds. Its all funny though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)