• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marketing/international business? (1 Viewer)

starpuffy

HSC
I want to do marketing/international business but I read somewhere that its all common sense apparently and its better to do one of them combined with a major that teaches you quantitative skills [like accounting or finance] or something...? Is it true? I'm more interested in marketing and international business though... are the job prospects that bad? Anyone doing these two majors?

Oh and the guide to marketing isn't up so yeahh..

Thanks!

p.s. what about combining business in economics with international business or marketing?

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2010/ECONF13525.html

Last edited:

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Hello :)

I was at the UNSW open day earlier this year and spoke to the Prof guy and asked him a few questions regarding picking majors. He did say that doing a more "quantitative major" with one that gives you a more general perspective of the business world (such as Int Bus) is, in his words, "more encashable".

I specifically asked him about the following major combinations and he said they were all "perfect!!":
1) Actuarial Studies and INT BUS
2) Finance and INT BUS
3) Economics and INT BUS

However I have no info about which of the three is better and which provides better job prospects etc. I have a thread open asking similar questions. Hopefully some COmmerce students will help us out in the near future :)

HSC
N/A
any degree with the 'international' prefix is by definition a waste of time, sure it's interestiing, but you dont pay money for that stuff, you can learn most of the course content via the world/financial section of a newspaper

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
any degree with the 'international' prefix is by definition a waste of time, sure it's interestiing, but you dont pay money for that stuff, you can learn most of the course content via the world/financial section of a newspaper
LOL, oh dear that sucks. Plenty others to choose from then.
ComingUpForAir - are you Commerce student? what majors do you do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)