• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marilyn Monroe – Suicide or Cover-up? (1 Viewer)

mooser745

HSC
N/A
Hello. If you could give me your brief opinion, it would be much appreciated. I’m writing a paper for my Philosophy class at UVM with the focus being Marilyn Monroe’s death…which is listed as a “suicide” but many believe to have been a cover-up. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the topic i.e. collecting books, articles (this month’s Playboy actually had a great in-depth look at the whole story, including transcripts written by her to her psychiatrist…as did the LA Times back in August) films, etc…but I also thought to ask specific people throughout the net about their thoughts on the case.

Hopefully this topic won’t lead to too much flaming etc. And please be nice to the newbie! Like I said, any info would be great.

Thanks and think snow!

Mike M.

wannapass

HSC
heya

hey im researching the suicide murder thing for my history extension thing, so i'll probley be able to help ya out when ive done a bit more looking into it... :)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
mooser745 said:
Hello. If you could give me your brief opinion, it would be much appreciated. I’m writing a paper for my Philosophy class at UVM with the focus being Marilyn Monroe’s death…which is listed as a “suicide” but many believe to have been a cover-up. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the topic i.e. collecting books, articles (this month’s Playboy actually had a great in-depth look at the whole story, including transcripts written by her to her psychiatrist…as did the LA Times back in August) films, etc…but I also thought to ask specific people throughout the net about their thoughts on the case.

Hopefully this topic won’t lead to too much flaming etc. And please be nice to the newbie! Like I said, any info would be great.

Thanks and think snow!

Mike M.

Personally I think it was a cover up.

Nobody wanted the camelot era to be covered up with a sex scandal with marilyn monroe.

I remember back to when she sang happy birthday mr president. the person that announced her says, "let me introduce the late marilyn monroe. whether it was a slip of the tongue or commenting about her tardiness, I don't know.

It's also been led to believe that marilyn was becoming involved in white house affairs, and learning things she was not supposed to. There's been a theory that she discovered something and that the week she was going to release it to the press was the week she died.

There's heaps of theories surrounding her death. I just don't buy that she overdosed. Of course she was depressed, but I don't think to that point. Just my view point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)