• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Losing 30% for not handing in a book? (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
ummm i was clueless when i herd this for english we have this scrap book from yr7-yr10 which has all our assessments in it now we are suppose to hand that in at the end of the yr.

The English teacher of mine said "No one is allowed to take it home, they must be kept in the cupboard"

ok so every1 leaves them in there today when the teacher was checking for them a few ppl didnt have them, me i had mine it was in the cupboard but it wasnt there when the teacher went to get it soOOoo she strted going off at me sayin how yr 10 r suppose to hang onto there things i had no idea where it went maybe some1 taxed it who knows so now conclusion

my mark for yearly was suppose to be 91/100 now im gettin 61/100 for not having my scrap book... all i can say is LOL.... im not upset or anything its jus yr 10 after all jus clueless can they even do this haha doesnt seem fair does it?

suzlee

HSC
W
T
F
?

Are you sure that wasn't you daydreaming?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
scrap book from yr7-yr10
I don't know if they're allowed to have an ongoing assessment like that. Either way, you have completed the task. You shouldn't be penalised for an item that has been left in the care of the school.

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
W
T
F
?

Are you sure that wasn't you daydreaming?
Nope not daydreaming ill even post up my report for english n show you's haha when we get em, its totally RIGGED
apprently its complusory for everyone to have thru yr7-10 any1 who didnt hand it in lloses 30% auto like wth?? this is f**ked up lol now i feel abit sad but bah should i complain?

Last edited:

suzlee

HSC
TBK11 said:
Nope not daydreaming ill even post up my report for english n show you's haha its totally RIGGED
apprently its complusory for everyone to have thru yr7-10 any1 who didnt hand it in lloses 30% auto like wth?? this is f**ked up lol now i feel abit sad but bah should i complain?

Ummm okay then you ARE effed up....
Gather a group of people who's gonna end up with that kind of yearly mark and protest.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
TBK11 said:
Nope not daydreaming ill even post up my report for english n show you's haha when we get em, its totally RIGGED
yea, you should definitely complain.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
haha man that is so un fair.. take it to the Board of Studies man, u'll get the teacher suspended and u'll get ur marks back lol

Still kinda unfair :/ and no school is allowed to have an assessment from yr 7-10 man i mean like WTF... what if u joind the school in yr 9 lol, what happens... Auto 20% off or something... lol what a sad teacher

Thats all I can say...

TBK11

HSC
but see the teacher says everyone in NSW doing english from yr7-10 have to have a scarp book wit there assignments stuck in does any1 else have this

TBK11

HSC
Yeh great dam english teachers say that the BOS require every child in yr7-10 to have them and no other school has it yeh great im gonna complain 4 sure

smushieex

HSC
nope, my school doesn't have a 'scrap book' from y7-10.
o_O
that's a bit odd though. what's the point of it anyway?

speedofsound

HSC
I shouldn't laugh, but lol. That is extremely bizarre. Complain until your heart's content.

TBK11

HSC
The point of it is..
we keep our assignment in it so if the teachers make a mistake they can check back to see what our marks were so if by mistake the computer makes an error they said well check the assignment in yoru scrap book and fix it up

like WTH>>>>>..........

they say its compulsory by BOS from what ppl have said its bogus i hate it when teachers lie and takes marks off u for no reason bahhhh Bad luck i guess :(

rolror88

HSC
N/A
So what... you have to stick in assignments from 3 years ago.. And keep it for record? Weird IMO.

HSC
Um, yeah, a scrapbook? as in the type of thing I've probably had when i was in preschool? to put assignments in from yr 7 - 10? how weird!

never heard of it

I would be complaining if i were you considering you havent actually done anything wrong !!!!!!!!!!

suzlee

HSC
want2beasenior said:
Um, yeah, a scrapbook? as in the type of thing I've probably had when i was in preschool?

hahahahahaha probably :)

TBK, did you make a complaint yet?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
TBK11 said:
but see the teacher says everyone in NSW doing english from yr7-10 have to have a scarp book wit there assignments stuck in does any1 else have this
well at our school the teachers have to have a copy of particular assessment tasks we've done and i'm guessing that is a Board of Studies rule so I think having your assessment tasks are evidence of your academic level. We are allowed to keep some of our assessment tasks if the teacher has a photocopy of it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)