• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Looking for training partner for muay thai or kick boxing at USyd (1 Viewer)

scandium

HSC
N/A
Looking for a training partner to train at HKWard Gym at USyd in thai boxing (preferred) or kickboxing.

HKWard has a few punching bags, 2 of which are suitable for kicking, and small boxing ring. Skipping ropes there are useless, would need to supply our own.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have any kick pads, although there is a training room upstairs that has some, perhaps these could be borrowed.

I prefer to focus on technique than fitness, as I am not training for any fight at the moment, and have had a few months off with broken ribs.

I spent 6 months last year training at various gyms in Thailand and would like to keep up the training. Its getting boring kicking the bags by myself and not having any padholder.

If your interested let me know and we can try work out some times.

No idiots thanks.

Cheers.

witide

HSC
Hey, I'd be happy to join you.

I trained for a couple of years, but I haven't done any training in the last year. I also have my own personal set of pads we could use, and two sets of skipping ropes as well.

Just a quick question though, do we have to be a part of the sporting union to use the gym?

scandium

HSC
N/A
I trained for a couple of years, but I haven't done any training in the last year.
No worries, it'll come back quickly. Just need to know how to hold pads.

Just a quick question though, do we have to be a part of the sporting union to use the gym?
Yes, I think its $55 to join. HKWard has a separate fee, either casual or monthly etc. I think I got the "Bronze" for about $350 per year which covers HkWard and the other gym nearby with weights. But I prefer to kick bags than push bars up and down :)

If you know of another place suitable let me know. I went to HK because it had the ring and some bags.

Oh yeah, I got 2 sets of shin pads if required.

witide

HSC
lol...I'll have a think about it. I still practice on the heavy bag occasionally but I haven't trained with a partner for a while.

Anyway I'll probably join the sporting union because I want to get involved with the gymnastics. If I don't have any time/money for the Bronze, I suppose we can always just train on the grass or something.

btw how old are you? I'm a 60kg first year student...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)