• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Live from New York it's Saturday Night!" (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
this thread is dedicated to the discussion of the long-running very entertaining show Saturday Night Live, and all related descussions on ex cast members and best/worst episodes/guests.

i shall start. i think that one of the funniest episodes ever was the olsen twins episode. say what you will about them (and i usually dont like them at all) that episode was hilarious. same with gwenyth paltrow.

i sometimes find that the less funny in films etc the funnier on snl for example i think david spades recent ep was embarassingly tedious and un-funny.

anyway, what do all youse people think???

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Hilarious, very funny show. Australia's talk/variety shows fall waaaaaay short of this. When Jack Handey was on, that was probably my favourite period of the show.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i was watchin it last nite on arena it was the ashton kutcher and gwen stefani ep...gwen stefani is a gr8 singer i love her songs...and i love the show :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
tasha1188 said:
i was watchin it last nite on arena it was the ashton kutcher and gwen stefani ep...gwen stefani is a gr8 singer i love her songs...and i love the show :p
it was alright. i thought weekend update was dodgy tho, with the ashton ode and all that, but i loved the oprah skit. ive decided that maya rudolph is my new favourite SNL actor. it used to be jimmy Fallon but he's gone and will be sorely missed.

gwen stefani wasnt allowed to say "shit" or even "shhh" that hollaback girl song sucked! it was pretty amusing tho watching all those japanese girls in their strange hairstyles dancing around ona teeny tiny stage.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
well ima talk to myself considering yo all slack bitches.

i finally saw the britney spears ep.

yeah. it was shit. waste of valuable eng x study time. so is writing this. goodnight/morning.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mr_brightside said:
hi alleycat! :eek:

(such a matt post, but hey, im bored)
hi dan!

oi do you have anything to say about snl before i delete this dying thread off the face of the earth. i can talk to myself about snl all the time if i want, i dont have to waste time doing it on the intraweb...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i havent seen the barbie sketch. who is the host?

ive seen the halle berry one where she and britney kiss...that was way hot. but the one with britney hosting is one of the worst i have ever seen...

ps how fucking hot is jimmy fallon ???

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
VERY hot. *sigh*

oh damn maybe it wasn't britney. i thought it was... crap i can't remember all i know is it was the funniest thing i've seen in ages particularly because this blonde actress (whatever her name was) was so good at being plastic :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Tulipa said:
VERY hot. *sigh*

oh damn maybe it wasn't britney. i thought it was... crap i can't remember all i know is it was the funniest thing i've seen in ages particularly because this blonde actress (whatever her name was) was so good at being plastic :p
it might have been britney. celebrities guest star all the time. and ill bet she is very good at being plastic. now i want to see it :(. goddam hsc.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
bobby deniro on tonight, champion.

and i agree about celebrity jeopardy, although most australians wouldn't really understand the impressions.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I knew there had to be a SNL thread somewhere! and hwo hella cool that it was good friend AlleyCat who created it.

I, unfortunately, am not blessed with pay TV...so I'm a SNL fan from the Best of DVDs I've seen. Just got the SNL 25th Anniversary DVD from my little sister's friend and it's awesome.

My fav ever SNL sketch is the Chris kattan, Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey one where they 're-live' A Night at the Roxbury. Jim's face is to die for. Other notable one's is the one with Alec Baldwin sharing his 'Christmas treats: Shwetty Balls'..."your balls are so tender". Another great one is with Christopher Walken on his best of DVD: "Colonel Angus" (said fast sounds like cunnalingus)

Dirty, but ffffing hilarious. I'm seeking the episode #30.9, Topher Grace hosted it and it was shown in the US on the 15th of January 2005. I just want to see what Topher's improv/stand up/comedy sketch skills are like.

Rock on SNL.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
The Topher Grace intro was really funny...I don't think I saw the rest of the episode.

I love Will Ferrell, he was so funny on SNL. And Amy Poehler is good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)