• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lesbians - Debate (2 Viewers)

chepas

HSC
neo_o said:
...has probably already come to the same point that piercings etc are at - and is accepted, by most of our generation (amongst men its a different story though ). Its probably a bad question.
Either that or you answered your own statement :D.

But still, (considering that among men it is obviously a different case, because of fascination for, well, yes... :p) even though it's apparently 'all around us', like you say on TV etc, if we see it around us in life like among friends etc, would we think of it as just normal, or actually give it a thought and go 'Oh... She's with a chick now...', instead of letting it by, like one would probably tattoos and piercings nowadays? But still, if someone laden with piercings walked past today, like someone out of the Guiness Book of Records, would that be 'acceptable'? Therefore, are bisexuality among women, piercings and tattoos really at the point we say they are?

Mm.. mindless rambling.

neo_o said:
Oh and I love it how a thread with 'lesbians' or 'sapphics' or whatever in the title is sure to spark up any dry and dusty forum
lol. Doesn't seem much like that though, being News/Politics lurker :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
neo_o said:
Lesbians are both wholesome and good, excepting femmo-nazi's and those scary looking ones. Exhibitionists are there to be appreciated. :rolleyes:
Again i say, double fucking standards

it just really pisses me off that i have read all these posts of you slamming homosexuals and calling it unnatural..oh WAIT, LESBIANS AREN'T HOMOSEXUAL, i forgot. silly me.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
johnson said:
Again i say, double fucking standards

it just really pisses me off that i have read all these posts of you slamming homosexuals and calling it unnatural..oh WAIT, LESBIANS AREN'T HOMOSEXUAL, i forgot. silly me.
I dont slam homosexuals, I slam homosexual 'rights'.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=39971&page=15&pp=15

That thread pretty much says what I think, if you can be bothered trolling through it :p

chepas said:
Either that or you answered your own statement :D.

But still, (considering that among men it is obviously a different case, because of fascination for, well, yes... :p) even though it's apparently 'all around us', like you say on TV etc, if we see it around us in life like among friends etc, would we think of it as just normal, or actually give it a thought and go 'Oh... She's with a chick now...', instead of letting it by, like one would probably tattoos and piercings nowadays? But still, if someone laden with piercings walked past today, like someone out of the Guiness Book of Records, would that be 'acceptable'? Therefore, are bisexuality among women, piercings and tattoos really at the point we say they are?

lol. Doesn't seem much like that though, being News/Politics lurker :rolleyes:.
I dont think they have the shock value they did ;)

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
The problem is that I seem to have fallen out of the loop - the lesbian kiss on TV is so tried and true whether it be on ally macbeal, buffy or whatever that bisexuality has probably already come to the same point that piercings etc are at - and is accepted, by most of our generation (amongst men its a different story though :p). Its probably a bad question. :(

Oh and I love it how a thread with 'lesbians' or 'sapphics' or whatever in the title is sure to spark up any dry and dusty forum :p
Yes popular culture has become infatuated with homosexuality of late...to top the usual stuff like queer as folk etc. they've even had a lesbian kiss on neighbours.
homosexuality is the new black...you see the guys on queer eye being portrayed as fashionable over their heterosexual counterparts...
I don't have a stance on homosexuality - I'm straight, but I have a few bisexual friends, not ones I'm close to, but friends nevertheless...I don't think there really is anything wrong with it - it's their choice, each to their own.
And yes people on this forum are obsessed with lesbians...NNNNNNOOOOOOOO ziff neo's infected you....

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Jago said:
1. Minime, not little me (how can you not know that?)

2. what did i say yes to...? (see cb's sig)

3. Lesbians are awesome

4. I've seen my (ex)gf and my friend's gf kiss. Sweet.
eh it was a stupid mistake, I was confuzzled by the binomial as I mentioned...
yes to the sheep in the kirk hammett pic, dw, stale joke.

mack said:
I was obsessed with lesbians long before Neo got to me.....
lol don't make me comment...

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
Actually, I don't think that "The Lesbian Kiss" is so tried and true.. it's rarely shown in the context of a loving, lesbian relationship... and even when that's the case, it falls to the 'Evil Dead Lesbian' cliche.. That one of the partners dies violently and the other becomes evil and goes on a bloodthirsty rampage.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Bisexuality is a safe haven. Its a trend and its been around for alot longer than its been widely noticed. Bisexual is more common in single sex girl schools because a) ur already known as a lesbo school and b) unless you're really brave or EXTREMELY lesbo you don't want to be known as lesbo and bisexuality is safe because you still like guys and are considered 'normal' but you become some what exotic and as long as you remain unthreatening to the hardcore heteros you won't cop too much shit for it.

I think a more popular trend than bisexuality is psuedo gay. Programs like Queer Eye are psuedo gay because while they include homosexual characters the main theme rotates around the main 'pityful, uncultured, unstylish' hetero. At the same time even serious programs like QAF and The L Word, which are both serious homosexual programs are viewed by the public as fake. Which makes it harder to get the proper recognition for issues brought up in both of those shows. The public feels safer to think that they are fake because it would hurt people to think that homosexuals face the same problems (and many others which are reflected in these shows)... i think i worded that badly. It would offend peoples sensibilities to think that all people are equal. Thats why shows and movies about the so considered 'abnormal' are appealing to the majority of society.

Its nice to see (hear about) neighbours introducing a lesbian into the show, its at the same time also sad to hear them being blasted for finally reflecting reality and also limiting the experiences they will allow that character to have. Whats the use of having them there if it will never go past a kiss and anything seen as possibly controversial will be tamed down or removed?

who knows maybe one day neighbours will introduce an asexual character...

malkin86

HSC
I'm concerned that the Neighbours character will develop a fixation, common to those in the soapie genre, on someone that she can never have. She can then become an "Evil Attempted-Homewrecker Lesbian". :(

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
malkin86 said:
I'm concerned that the Neighbours character will develop a fixation, common to those in the soapie genre, on someone that she can never have. She can then become an "Evil Attempted-Homewrecker Lesbian". :(
Yeah... but i mean its inevitable and i spose the corperation behind neighbours would be thinking in terms of $$$$'s at that point because that would possibly create alot of conflict and a great lead up to something end of season worthy. *shrugs*

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Yahh yahhh,
Ich liebe lesbians, Ich will heisse lesbians ficken, Oh Ja Ja Ja

Lesbians are gud, especially if ur the audience,

but gay cunts, just wrong somehow, like u see lots of girls hug kiss , guy obviously dont do that shit, so seein em do that is just ermmmm, wrong.

seeka_train

HSC
why is it that so many people think that chicks ACT lesbian to attract the attention of guys? has it ever occured to some of you that they could be in love? just a thought.... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)